Sr Interior Designer
HOK designs buildings and spaces that respond to the needs of people and the environment. Our designers are rooted in technical excellence, driven by imagination and focused on a solitary goal: to deliver solutions that inspire clients and communities.
We are currently seeking a Sr Interior Designer to join our team. As a Sr Interior Designer you are responsible for interpreting, organizing and executing the conceptual design of a project utilizing creativity, foresight and judgment to meet project requirements and objectives to carry out design.
- Conducts programming efforts such as space planning, layout and utilization of furnishings and equipment, lighting and color coordination.
- Develops innovative design concepts which are practical, aesthetic, safe and conducive to intended purposes and function which is reflective of client goals and within project budget.
- Coordinates color and material palettes.
- Responsible for selection and specification of furniture, lighting, flooring, wall covering and artwork. Estimates material requirements and preliminary costs.
- Incorporates Integrated Sustainable Design solutions into projects.
- Renders conceptual design ideas and prepares 2D and 3D presentation/design drawings.
- Prepares and conducts client presentations.
- Prepares, corrects and updates documents during schematic design and design development phases.
- Solicits bids and assists Project Manager and client in subcontracting fabrication, installation, and arrangement of the materials, finishes, and furnishings required.
- Responsible for keeping the project, or a phase of a project, on schedule.
- Responsible for communication with other disciplines, vendors, and contractors to ensure incorporation of all information into project requirements and provides support as necessary.
- Supports the Construction Administration phase responding to RFI’s, CO’s, and reviews shop drawings.
- Implements and utilizes HOK Standards for all projects and processes.
- May provide support to all team members for specific field, style, or phase of interior design expertise.
- May mentor and direct the work of less experienced staff and deliver staff performance evaluations.
- May participate in interviews and recruiting of professional staff.
- Takes personal responsibility for fostering a green workplace through sustainable work practices.
- Fosters a commitment to external and internal client service.
- Possess creative talent in conceptual design and rendering skills of either hand or computer sketching.
- Knowledge of design, trends, construction methodology, materials application and manufacturer-supplier appropriateness.
- Advanced knowledge of furniture, fixture and equipment (FF&E), architectural/interior finishes, lighting, signage, art, and color schemes to carryout design intent.
- Advanced knowledge of building regulations and safety codes.
- Advanced knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Advanced knowledge of sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines.
- Knowledge of buildingSMART, Building Information Modeling (BIM) and Integrated Project Delivery (IDP).
- Proven ability to prioritize in order to meet deadlines and provide high quality service to clients.
- Proficiency in the basic technical skills of interior design including the following computer skills:
- Proficiency in Deltek Vision highly preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Proficiency in Newforma preferred.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD/Architectural Desktop.
- Proficiency in Revit is preferred.
- Proficiency in of Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup, and InDesign graphic software.
- Knowledge of 3D Modeling software such as 3D Studio Max and Viz 2006.
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work in team environment.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in architecture, interior design or foreign equivalent
- 7 plus years’ experience in interiors projects required.
- Must be a professional Interior Designer and have passed the NCIDQ exam or be a registered Architect with current license required.
- If registered architect, NCARB registration preferred.
- LEED credential required within 6 months of employment.
HOK is a drug-free workplace. HOK is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.