Since 1940, Dairy Queen® has been one of the world’s best known and loved brands. Based in Minneapolis, MN, International Dairy Queen Inc., (IDQ), is the parent company of American Dairy Queen Corporation. As a leading franchisor, there are more than 7,000 independently owned and operated restaurants in the U.S., Canada and 21 countries around the world. IDQ is a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (Berkshire) which is led by Warren Buffett, the legendary investor and CEO of Berkshire.
Here at IDQ, we create extraordinary Fan experiences every day and we do this through our commitment to hiring and retaining only the best in class talent. We firmly believe that our employees are the catalyst to the success of the company where their initiative, strategic thinking, and entrepreneurial spirit are recognized and rewarded. We're looking for motivated, passionate and dedicated individuals with an inherent need and ambition to go after bigger challenges.
We have an exciting opportunity available for an Assistant Manager that will support our Corporate Restaurant located in Richfield. This position is essential to the goal of helping to lead a team that creates positive memories for all who touch DQ. The Assist General Manager (GM) and Manager executes specific aspects of the restaurant operations, which may include product production, inventory, personnel, sales, and marketing. This role will work with the more senior store management team to set high standards and create a great environment for the team to work. Support the GM and Manager in providing a high level of leadership and team building in order to cultivate an environment which is recognized by the franchisee community, corporate staff and vendors as the pinnacle for our system in training, corporate support and brand loyalty.
Key Accountabilities Include:
- Support the GM or Manager by in managing aspects of operation of restaurant during scheduled shifts. Strive for operational levels that meet or exceed the Fan’s expectations in the areas of quality, service and atmosphere, creating value through an excellent experience and a fair price. Accurately complete designated duties such as inventory control, ordering of products, cash control.
- Under the guidance of the GM or Manager, assist with the training of shift leads and crew on PRIDE systems and routines, product recipes, food safety practices and restaurant safety practices.
- Assist with ensuring that all PRIDE systems and routines are incorporated into the day-to-day operations of the restaurant, setting each scheduled shift up for success.
- Ensure that Fan service meets or exceeds company standards.
- Assist crew and shift leads as appropriate with handling customer concerns.
- Ensure that customer complaints are promptly and appropriately addressed to resolve the problem and ensure that each dissatisfied customer becomes a return Fan.
- Understand the importance of speed of service and resolve bottlenecks in work flow.
- Build relationships with return or preferred patrons.
Team Member Leadership
- Accomplish store objectives by assisting the GM and Manager with hiring, training, coaching and developing shift leads and crew members to build a highly skilled and productive team.
- Role model and enforce policies and procedures.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with all restaurant staff to foster and promote a cooperative and pleasant working climate, which will be conducive to maximizing employee morale, productivity and efficiency.
Health and Safety Standards
- Must be ServSafe® certified.
- Ensure that proper hand washing, product rotation procedures, and temperature logging are visible and active behaviors. Role model and enforce safe food handling practices.
- Maintain a safe, secure, and healthy facility environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures, complying with health and legal regulations and maintaining security systems or routines.
- Bring useful ideas to management about how to attract new Fans and increase restaurant sales through marketing promotions and activities.
- May assist the GM and Manager in some assigned aspects of local store marketing activities and projects such as public and community relations programs, evaluating local competitors’ store marketing. Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested by the GM and Manager.
Must have ability to:
- Perform under pressure in a high volume restaurant including moving and responding quickly for long periods of time.
- Work in and out of different temperature ranges.
- Stand for long periods of time.
- Lift up to 50 pounds.
- Work around nuts and other allergens.
- Customer focus - strong hospitality and customer service skills, enjoys engaging with the customer.
- Trainer and coach - ability to be a strong trainer or coach to others on restaurant routines and systems, as well as how to effectively interact with customers and each other.
- Organization and goal focus - must be highly organized and detail-oriented with the capability to oversee multiple areas simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Technical - proficiency with computers and preferably with Point of Sale systems.
- Flexibility and adaptability -willingness to follow directions and a commitment to meet DQ and OJ standards in all you do.
- Integrity-does the right thing even when no one is looking, honest, earns trust of others.
- Minimum 1-3 years of high volume restaurant experience, preferably including 1+ years restaurant leadership experience. Previous quick service restaurant experience strongly preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Proven track record of effectively managing COGS and labor.
- Strong knowledge and application of safe food handling practices.
- Must be ServSafe® certifiable.
Benefit package includes medical, dental and vision insurance coverage, employer paid basic life insurance, short and long-term disability, paid sick and vacation, 401(k) match, tuition reimbursement, wellness challenges and more!
IDQ is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. IDQ participates in the US E-Verify program.
To view our applicant privacy policies, please click the following links:
This position is located in Richfield, MN. View the Google Map in full screen.