Fan Relations Specialist
Since 1940, Dairy Queen® has been one of the world’s best known and loved brands. Based in Minneapolis, MN, International Dairy Queen Inc., (IDQ), is the parent company of American Dairy Queen Corporation. As a leading franchisor, there are more than 7,000 independently owned and operated restaurants in the U.S., Canada and 24 countries around the world. IDQ is a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (Berkshire) which is led by Warren Buffett, the legendary investor and CEO of Berkshire.
Here at IDQ, we create extraordinary Fan experiences every day and we do this through our commitment to hiring and retaining only the best in class talent. We firmly believe that our employees are the catalyst to the success of the company where their initiative, strategic thinking, and entrepreneurial spirit are recognized and rewarded. We're looking for motivated, passionate and dedicated individuals with an inherent need and ambition to go after bigger challenges.
We have an exciting opportunity available for a Fan Relations Specialist located in Bloomington at our Franchise Support Center. Our Fan Relations Specialist is responsible for effective resolution of customer inquiries, comments and complaints received in writing, by phone, or via e-mail. This opportunity assists the Senior Fan Relations Manager to maintain and refine the consumer relations program and procedures to ensure prompt, effective handling of external consumer complaints and inquiries for International Dairy Queen, Inc.
Responding to/managing customer contacts:
- Responds accurately, promptly, and within 24-business hours to all internal customer contacts, including those from team members, corporate staff, independent franchise operators and territory operators.
- Ensures that customers are responded to within 72-business hours at minimum, and assists with driving toward the departmental goal of 24-business hours.
- Effectively communicates with consumers by phone, letter and e-mail with accurate, prompt and effective replies to customer letters, e-mail, and phone calls.
- Processes contacts according to plan set by fan relations team; assisting and supporting other members of the team with processing as appropriate.
- Responds to and resolves all contacts for assigned regions, supporting and assisting other members of the consumer relations team as appropriate.
- Provides support to and coaching to business consultants regarding consumer relations communications.
- Makes decisions on appropriate reimbursement, documents and monitors gift certificate and gift card use and distribution (within empowered amount), on a case by case basis.
- Assists with social media monitoring and responses as assigned.
- Assists with ordering of Gift Cards and reporting.
- Assists consumer relations manager with collecting, tabulating and assembling monthly reports.
- Screens consumer contacts for potential product defects and reports production related problems to the product quality team.
- Screens consumer contacts for potential fraudulent complaints, work with consumer relations manager on tracking, documenting and processing fraudulent complaints.
- Assists in execution of special projects such as toll-free number promotions, Web feedback, and other projects as assigned.
- Develops standard response paragraphs/letters and updates Knowledge Base as the introduction of new products, product changes and sales promotions occur.
Schedule requirements: This position will require an every other weekend shift rotation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required, including presentational skills.
- Able to exercise tact, patience and professionalism at all times in responding to consumers, regardless of issue or consumer's demeanor.
- Interpersonal skills to interact, influence and persuade required.
- Intermediate computer skills (Microsoft Word and Excel)
- Intermediate social media skills (blogs, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects and requests simultaneously.
- Well organized with a high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent data entry skills.
- Ability to work quickly in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment.
- Ability to coordinate with other departments Operations, Brand Marketing, Legal to complete projects on time.
- Basic accounting/math skills required.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- B.A. or B.S. Degree in Business, Communications, Customer Service or related field preferred.
- Minimum of two years experience in a customer service related position; call center or Quick Service (QSR) industry preferred.
- Experience working in any capacity in the Quick Service Restaurant industry, a plus.
Benefit package includes medical, dental and vision insurance coverage, employer paid basic life insurance, short and long-term disability, paid sick and vacation, 401(k) match, tuition reimbursement, wellness challenges and more!
IDQ is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. IDQ participates in the US E-Verify program.
This position is located at 8331 Norman Center Drive, Bloomington, MN. View the Google Map in full screen.