Application Development Manager
Since 1940, Dairy Queen® has been one of the world’s best known and loved brands. Based in Minneapolis, MN, International Dairy Queen Inc., (IDQ), is the parent company of American Dairy Queen Corporation. As a leading franchisor, there are more than 7,000 independently owned and operated restaurants in the U.S., Canada and 24 countries around the world. IDQ is a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (Berkshire) which is led by Warren Buffett, the legendary investor and CEO of Berkshire.
Here at IDQ, we create extraordinary Fan experiences every day and we do this through our commitment to hiring and retaining only the best in class talent. We firmly believe that our employees are the catalyst to the success of the company where their initiative, strategic thinking, and entrepreneurial spirit are recognized and rewarded. We're looking for motivated, passionate and dedicated individuals with an inherent need and ambition to go after bigger challenges.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Manager of Application Development located at our corporate offices in Bloomington, MN. This hands on developer and manager will coordinate with the Outreach and Enterprise Architecture Team to ensure that technology resources are aligned with overall business strategies. This position manages goals, processes and technology of both the App Dev and DBA teams to align their work to business-driven priorities. In addition to effective staff management, the Application Development Manager also possesses the ability to project manage initiatives, and assess and direct coding activities. Some of the basic activities that this key organizational role will oversee and drive are as follows: ITIL standards, fit assessments, solution architecture/design, project scoping, security analysis/remediation, custom development, SaaS platform extensions, API integrations, SSO, resource planning/tracking, cost center budget planning/tracking, vendor risk assessment reviews, maintenance of architecture standards, maintenance of development standards, code reviews and maintenance of a data risk matrix.
Ideal candidates will demonstrate success with the following:
- Ability to provide input into a multi-year technology road map and stay abreast of innovations of interest and application to our business.
- Staying abreast of innovations of interest and application to our business
- Understanding effective application development practices
- Overseeing Application/Data Enterprise Architecture and maintains development standards.
- Leadership of App Dev team and process standards
- Vendor coordination and direction
- Bringing alignment to outreach program & updating of standards
Required skills with the following:
- C# Language (Intermediate)
- VB.Net (Intermediate)
- WPF (Intermediate)
- Web API / Web Services / XML (Intermediate)
- SQL development (Intermediate)
- Visual Studio Suite (Intermediate)
- Microsoft Team Foundation Server (Intermediate)
- Single Sign-On (SSO) using SAML (Intermediate)
- MVC (Proficient)
- JQuery (Proficient)
Desired skills with the following:
- Xamarin and native app development
- Microsoft D365 / AX experience
- Microsoft Project experience
- Experience using .NET Design Patterns
- Experience using Content Management (CMS) Systems
- Experience developing in a cloud environment - PaaS and/or IaaS
- Worked with ADA WACG 2.0 compliance
Additional skills with the following:
- Work closely with various business and technical teams to deploy quality, extensible, secure apps
- Ability to adapt quickly, stay abreast of emerging technologies and self-learn
- Ability to create well thought-out integrated application design with input from others
- High producer, systems-thinker who maintains a high-level of quality in all facets of work
- Provide training and mentorship to team
- Works well in a team setting and individually
- Self-starter who takes initiative and makes good decisions
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Faces challenges in a positive, collaborative and objective manner
- At least 7 years of experience in design and development of technology solutions
- At least 7 years of experience with Microsoft Stack (.NET framework, MVC, ASP.NET, VB.Net, C#)
- At least 5 years of experience in any of the following SDLC methodologies (agile, waterfall, scrum)
- At least 2 years of experience developing SQL scripts/procedures
- At least 2 years leading or supervising application development team members
- Ability to effectively manage and lead all levels of development staff (Jr, Mid and Sr) and consultants
- Experience in producing solution architecture
- Strong experience building software solutions using C#, VB.Net, SQL and object-oriented best practices
Benefit package includes medical, dental and vision insurance coverage, employer paid basic life insurance, short and long-term disability, paid sick and vacation, 401(k) match, tuition reimbursement, wellness challenges and more!
IDQ is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. IDQ participates in the US E-Verify program.