Project Manager, Platform Menus
Since 1940, Dairy Queen® has been one of the world’s best known and loved brands. Based in Minneapolis, MN, International Dairy Queen Inc., (IDQ), is the parent company of American Dairy Queen Corporation. As a leading franchisor, there are more than 7,000 independently owned and operated restaurants in the U.S., Canada and 24 countries around the world. IDQ is a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (Berkshire) which is led by Warren Buffett, the legendary investor and CEO of Berkshire.
Here at IDQ, we create extraordinary Fan experiences every day and we do this through our commitment to hiring and retaining only the best in class talent. We firmly believe that our employees are the catalyst to the success of the company where their initiative, strategic thinking, and entrepreneurial spirit are recognized and rewarded. We're looking for motivated, passionate and dedicated individuals with an inherent need and ambition to go after bigger challenges.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager of Platform Menus located at our Corporate offices in Bloomington, MN. This role will perform as EPOS subject matter supporting IDQ's ongoing evolution, development and maintenance of Menu Database structure and technical support across all supported Electronic Point of Sale (EPOS) and data warehouse platforms. In addition, the PM will build and manage project plans, software development plans, support for installation events and training events including developing communication strategies to franchisees and internal operations professional. They will create detailed technical documentation of processes and communications for the DQ system as well as play a key role in leading support efforts to franchisees, and operations field professionals on POS related issues that involve hardware, software, information reporting, process and data related issues. Actively manage and hold external vendors accountable. Interact with Marketing and Operations team members to identify menu and promotional concepts that need to be supported and adapted across the retail technology platform. This position must be able to build strong partnerships with internal stakeholders across the business as well as possess the ability and willingness to resolve short and long-term EPOS matters of significance to franchisee locations.
Key Responsibilities Include:
EPOS Program Management
- Responsible for formulating the “Gold” image build and the necessary maintenance around the POSitouch and Par Brink POS menus, as well as online and mobile ordering platforms through OLO.
- Assist in developing short and longer-term communication strategies with franchisee locations and IDQ professional field operations consultants as it relates to software updates, menu updates, system enhancements, training materials, etc. Ensure that these communication strategies result in increased readiness amongst franchisees at the time that major menu and promotional changes take place during the calendar year.
- Develop and manage project plans and provide consultation and direction to internal and external team members to achieve effective release management for ongoing development of POS menu standards (design, unit testing, providing test script cases and business requirements.
- Help to vet the viability of menu positioning and promotional campaigns to ensure that these elements can be successfully executed across POS and mobile platforms and multiple menu channels (POS, kiosk, mobile, delivery, etc.). Provide guidance and clarification in those instances when a suggested menu or promotional element may be challenging to program and support.
- Ensure test control procedures are followed to ensure stability of platform configuration and deployment.
- Perform client administration programming duties required to maintain, configure, and populate data related to the EPOS systems.
- Create detailed technical documentation for workflows, implementation strategy, platform conversion methodology and system configuration (hardware & software).
- Perform work audit and data management tasks to maintain data integrity within the data warehouse, business intelligence environments and POS register systems.
- Perform Issue Management and Change Control tasks consistently and as defined within the EPOS Program Office
EPOS Program Support
- Serve as the principal IT liaison role between the EPOS Team, Marketing, R&D, Operations and Franchisees as it relates to the ongoing DQ menu evolution.
- Lead the deployment and installation process for EPOS platforms. Develop, maintain and communicate strategies for simplifying and further automating the deployment of menu changes across POS platforms and other menu mediums
- Responsible for managing vendor partners and holding these partners accountable to ensure the delivery of technology service and support programs.
- Develop and maintain subject matter expertise around POS data, integrations and overall data collection. Serve as the liaison between EPOS and Analytics Team to ensure integrity for polling data needed for Business Purposes. Serve as internal consultant in this area.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively collaborate with internal and external peers to accomplish the goals of the department and business.
- Provide Level 2 support to all operators, field force and internal customers.
- Occasional travel required to help support store openings and technical support.
- Work with IT Technology Trainer to review and update training curriculum for various constituencies (Field force EPOS certification, Restaurant management teams, Train the Trainer for Restaurant Mgt teams to train crew).
- Software development skills for EPOS systems, POSitouch, Par Brink and OLO platforms preferred.
- Attention to detail to work within complex data management and data warehousing environments.
- Process and project management skills – development and working with defined work plans.
- Ability to construct solutions.
- Understanding of LAN/WAN technology/architecture.
- Excellent writing and oral communications skills.
- Excellent customer service and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to collaborate and work efforts within cross-functional teams.
- Intermediate math skills.
- Advanced computer skills and an understanding of computer hardware, with an ability to utilize software such as Smartsheets, MS PowerPoint, MS Word and MS Excel to prepare and deliver presentations.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience, with a technology emphasis.
- Proven track record in providing effective and successful EPOS and back office support.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgement, and independently build out and manage business project plans, communication strategies to clients, etc.
- Knowledge of restaurant or retail POS, web back office, and Kitchen routing systems is highly desired.
- 2-4 years of project management experience. Oversight for a complex vendor environment and project timeline management over a multi year period is a plus.
- PMP certification or equivalent project management certification is a plus.
- 3-5 years of experience preferred in performing client support activities related to the EPOS/retail technology industry.
- Experience working with a major manufacturer or food industry brand is preferred
Benefit package includes medical, dental and vision insurance coverage, employer paid basic life insurance, short and long-term disability, paid sick and vacation, 401(k) match, tuition reimbursement, wellness challenges and more!
IDQ is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. IDQ participates in the US E-Verify program.