Since 1940, Dairy Queen® has been one of the world’s best known and loved brands. Based in Minneapolis, MN, International Dairy Queen Inc., (IDQ), is the parent company of American Dairy Queen Corporation. As a leading franchisor, there are more than 6,700 independently owned and operated restaurants in the U.S., Canada and 25 countries around the world. IDQ is a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (Berkshire) which is led by Warren Buffett, the legendary investor and CEO of Berkshire.
Here at IDQ, we create extraordinary Fan experiences every day and we do this through our commitment to hiring and retaining only the best in class talent. We firmly believe that our employees are the catalyst to the success of the company where their initiative, strategic thinking, and entrepreneurial spirit are recognized and rewarded. We're looking for motivated, passionate and dedicated individuals with an inherent need and ambition to go after bigger challenges.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Application Developer to be based at our Franchise Support Center located in Bloomington, MN . This role will deliver creative and innovative technology-based solutions to solve business problems and support existing enterprise applications within a growing, team-oriented environment. Partner and collaborate with peers, building, integrating, and maintaining custom, COTS, and SaaS software systems in accordance with identified strategic company initiatives.
Key Accountabilities Include:
- Work closely with business units and fellow IT team members to understand needs, identify opportunities, and provide solutions. Apply a sense of urgency, commitment and focus on the right priorities in developing solutions in a timely fashion.
- Identify and learn appropriate software applications used and supported by the organization.
- Provide support for the testing of new and existing software applications/releases under development or under consideration for purchase.
- Integrate custom software with industry software packages.
- Provide development-based technical support for web applications and services.
- Help develop requirement, technical, and training documentation throughout the software development life cycle.
- Upgrade, configure and debug existing systems including both in-house developed and COTS solutions.
- Participate in requirements analysis & collaborate with internal teams to produce software design and architecture.
- Strong ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations in a fast-paced environment
- Collaborative working style and ability to thrive in a cross-functional team environment
- Skilled at applying object-oriented programming techniques and best practices
- Ability to recognize and apply best practices in developing secure applications
- Prepare for and complete regression testing of primary applications after bug fixes and upgrades have been programmed to ensure the quality of the product(s) prior to live implementation
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Serve as an expert on applications and provide technical support
- Identify and learn appropriate software applications used and supported by the organization
- Provide support for the testing of new and existing software applications/releases under development or under consideration for purchase
- 3 years of total development experience, most of which must be in one or more of these areas
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server - ADO.NET and Entity Framework
- Experience with CMS platforms a plus
Benefit package includes medical, dental and vision insurance coverage, employer paid basic life insurance, short and long-term disability, paid sick and vacation, 401(k) match, tuition reimbursement, wellness challenges and more!
IDQ is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. IDQ participates in the US E-Verify program.