Mobile Technology Quality Analyst
Since 1940, Dairy Queen® has been one of the world’s best known and loved brands. Based in Minneapolis, MN, International Dairy Queen Inc., (IDQ), is the parent company of American Dairy Queen Corporation. As a leading franchisor, there are more than 7,000 independently owned and operated restaurants in the U.S., Canada and 24 countries around the world. IDQ is a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (Berkshire) which is led by Warren Buffett, the legendary investor and CEO of Berkshire.
Here at IDQ, we create extraordinary Fan experiences every day and we do this through our commitment to hiring and retaining only the best in class talent. We firmly believe that our employees are the catalyst to the success of the company where their initiative, strategic thinking, and entrepreneurial spirit are recognized and rewarded. We're looking for motivated, passionate and dedicated individuals with an inherent need and ambition to go after bigger challenges.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Mobile Technology Quality Analyst. The Mobile Technology Quality Analyst is responsible for building, reporting and managing a testing strategy within the retail technology mobile stack. The Quality Analyst helps to set a pace for store testing and rollout strategies. Testing considerations include functionality, security, performance, compatibility and usability. The Quality Analyst needs to be a strong communicator and work beside multiple external vendors and within IDQ’s internal team. The Quality Analyst reports to the Mobile App Development Manager and works closely with IDQ’s Retail Technology Team and other internal cross functional team members.
Key Accountabilities Include:
Testing and Reporting
- Setup overall rollout testing strategy for US and Canada mobile app programs
- Build out testing plans, scenarios and cases in coordination within Retail Technology and Mobile App Teams
- Ensure that vendor product teams provide clear documentation that outline feature enhancement, release components and other change elements
- Create reports that communicate test status, bug detection and other relevant factors that benefit the software development and maintenance environment
- Continuously consider opportunities to enhance and shorten testing processes, including test automation and application of smoke testing
- Test against interrupt conditions that are generated within and outside of the DQ mobile app environment
- Apply quality assurance to team processes and key deliverables, including project planning consideration for QA practices, user acceptance testing procedures, load testing considerations, etc.
- Work daily with mobile app product and project managers cross-functionally to establish and continuously refine plans and test cases
- Communicate test strategies and activities to appropriate team members across the organization on a semi-weekly basis
- Communicate and work directly with third party vendors to test new releases within the POS and mobile technology stack
- Contribute during weekly vendor management conference calls that serve to organize mobile development activities by escalating identified or anticipated QA concerns, or program aspects that require clarification
- Utilize multiple communication channels including Microsoft products, JIRA, Asana, chat, etc.
- Partner with internal team and vendors to assess the severity of and identify solutions for bugs/defects
- Make determinations as to whether a release meets UAT acceptance criteria
- Review release management notes and provide feedback regarding any opportunities for clarification relative to new or modified user features
- Familiarity with current mobile app security protocols, including data flow vulnerability and data leakage
- Familiarity and experience with mobile app automated testing tools
- Must be willing to work with retail technology software and in-store technology
- Software Development Life Cycle experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Must be able to learn new software quickly
- B.A. or B.S. Degree in IS, IT or related field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 3+ years of Business Analysis and/or Quality Assurance experience in a Technology Department, collaboratively working with business partners, technical teams and vendors
- Experienced in taking requirements and turning them into test cases and reporting bugs/issues across an internal team and vendor team environment
- Experience with native mobile applications for both Android and iOS platforms preferred.
Benefit package includes medical, dental and vision insurance coverage, employer paid basic life insurance, short and long-term disability, paid sick and vacation, 401(k) match, tuition reimbursement, wellness challenges and more!
IDQ is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. IDQ participates in the US E-Verify program.