Wire Transfer Specialist
Assists with the overall functions of the wire department, including domestic and international wire transfers status, requests, payments, rights and obligations associated with their transactions. Ensures proper procedures are followed to minimize loss to the Bank, while maintaining quality service. Ensures controls are in place and followed at all times to protect the Bank and its customers from losses that may occur through the transition of wire transfers. Provides assistance with research requests for our bank branches and /or customers.
- Provides customers with information and direction regarding their wire transfer status, requests, payments and obligations associated with their transactions. Providing all Fed required disclosures.
- Processes and records funds or securities transferred and disposition with minimum errors.
- Ensures proper procedures are followed to minimize losses to the Bank and its customers, while maintaining quality service.
- Completes the Banks research requests in a timely manner.
- Daily phone interaction with authorized callers/customers performing outgoing wire requests.
- Other duties as assigned.
- General working knowledge of MS Office.
- Good verbal communication skills and telephone etiquette. Diplomacy skills
- Understanding of rules and regulations governing wires.
- Knowledge of wire system, core banking processing and support system, and check image retrieval System.
- Knowledge of accounting software.
Excellent oral and written communication when interacting with internal and external clients.
Excellent interpersonal skills when interacting with internal and external clients.
Strong attention to detail.
Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent client service skills.
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds
- Local travel as required.
- Demonstrates a commitment to Relationships F•I•R•S•T in all areas of job performance.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- At least one (1) year of general banking experience, including wire transfer processing, required.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.