Adjunct Professor, Chemistry
Faculty (temp) - Adjuncts
This Is Not An Online Position
Florida SouthWestern State College is accepting resumes in search of an Adjunct Professor in the School of Pure and Applied Sciences (SoPAS), to join our team of exceptional faculty to teach: Biology, Chemistry, Anatomy and Physiology, Physics, and Mathematics on the campuses in Fort Myers, Naples, Punta Gorda, and Hendry County. As an FSW adjunct, you have the opportunity to directly impact the college mission to inspire our students to 'Dedicate to Graduate'.
The School of Pure and Applied Sciences supports all degree and certificate programs of study offered at FSW. Through a broad curriculum and inclusive environment, the School of Pure and Applied Sciences provides high-quality teaching and learning experiences that are accessible and affordable, and prepares students to achieve their general education competencies in Science and Mathematics. Through classroom, laboratory, and research experiences, students can develop strong intellectual and practical skills in math and science, and enter the STEM-educated workforce.
Please click here to see the complete job description.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Doctoral or master's degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education in the teaching discipline or a master’s degree with a concentration in the teaching discipline (a minimum of 18 graduate semester credit hours in the teaching discipline)
- Demonstrated ability to use technology in creating and delivering course content
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of the subject area to be taught and currency in the discipline
FSW Perks for Adjuncts:
- Ability to participate in a 403(b) retirement plan
- Ability to participate in various Wellness Initiatives
- Access to a variety of BUCS Perks offering discounts at numerous local businesses and vendors
Our locations offer you an opportunity to enjoy the perks of working and living in paradise. The area offers something for everyone to enjoy a rewarding and balanced lifestyle.
If this position sounds like an opportunity to which you aspire, please submit your resume for consideration to become one of the best, the brightest, the BUCS!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.