Safety and Compliance Specialist
Safety and Compliance
The Safety and Compliance Specialist is responsible for supporting and promoting Fidelitone’s safety culture by setting an example for all safe work practices and procedures for Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) and U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations.
- Oversees compliance in all areas of regulatory changes and updates, providing support and expertise to all locations within the operation.
- Maintains records and performs heavy data entry into the various systems.
- Creates, reviews, implements safety training programs.
- Conducts accident/incident investigations, determines root causes, developes corrective actions to implement and follow up.
- OSHA and DOT recordkeeping.
- Provides DOT/Safety metric reports.
- Conducts safety audits of Safety and Compliance processes for DOT/FDA/OSHA to ensure compliance and advise leadership of findings.
- Conducts safety training sessions to groups of employees or individual employees.
- Maintains document control (data entry and scanning of documents).
- Manages driver qualification before and after hiring
- Maintain driver qualification files
- Review documents submitting for DOT hiring process.
- Supports DOT and Random drug and alcohol testing programs.
- Monitors Hour of Service (HOS) regulations including assisting locations with monitoring of electronic logging devices systems (ELDS) and supporting documents.
- Maintains fleet vehicle files for updates to fleet changes including registrations and inspections.
- Assists with FDA regulations.
- Back-up Safety and Compliance Supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of OSHA and DOT regulations including record keeping and hazardous materials.
- FDA knowledge a plus but not required
- Ability to work independently and in a group.
- Skill in handling multiple priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word.
- Knowledge of SharePoint a plus
- Quality process driven
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and work effectively in a cross-functional team capacity.
- Strong verbal /written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field.
- 2-4 years’ related experience in a safety role and warehouse environment.
- DOT knowledge and/or experience required.
- 49CFR training a plus.
- 30 hour OSHA Training Course a plus.
This position is located at 1260 Karl Ct, Wauconda, IL. View the Google Map in full screen.