The Warehouse Manager plans, organizes, monitors and coordinates activities of workers in all areas of the warehouse. Ensures a smooth and consistent operation so orders are shipped in an effective and efficient manner as needed to satisfy customer requirements.
- Coordinate and supervise all outbound shipping
- Help establish work schedules and ensure that the schedules are correctly implemented and that jobs are completed properly.
- Apply sound communication and motivational techniques in supervising coaching and disciplining associates.
- Identify employees’ skills and develop them by coaching and counseling employees on a regular basis.
- Issue written and oral instructions.
- Study and standardize procedures to improve efficiency of workers.
- Work within the budget guidelines that have been established and make recommendations for changes when necessary.
- Interview and hire new employees
- Lead DPC department and assigned workers
- Ensure correct shipment of orders and hazardous material orders.
- Assist in physical inventories and cycle counts. Maintain inventory database. Ensure the optimal utilization of space.
- Ensure the efficient and safe operation of material handling equipment.
- Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area. Assist in maintaining warehouse security. Conduct operations in a manner that promotes safety and in accordance with OSHA and other appropriate standards.
- Provide input into performance evaluation for recommending promotions, wage increases, associate development and terminations.
- Ability to understand the process of vendor shipments
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret written instruction.
- Ability to present information and respond to questions from groups of management.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of instructions, both oral and written.
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel (to graph charts & track labor)
- AS400/ASW a plus
- Strong leadership and team development skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to influence others and operate effectively in a team setting.
- Solid knowledge of all warehousing and inventory control functions
- Experience with RF scan guns.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Five or more years supervisory experience
- Experience within supply chain, logistics, or 3PL experience is preferred
This position is located at 7898 Notes Dr, Manassas Whse, VA. View the Google Map in full screen.