CDL Criver - DAY SHIFT + Benefits, 95% home same day
Transportation and Logistics
The selected candidate will be responsible for the efficient transportation and delivery of product to customers in a manner and condition that meets customer and company requirements. Duties will include the delivery and possible unload of products (i.e. windows/doors, pallets), to offices and warehouse locations throughout New Mexico, Arizona, and Texas. Transportation routes will include drop and hook, live loads, and shuttles between warehouses. Must maintain high safety standards and comply with all company and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR). Also responsible for timely reporting. 95% home same day, 5% overnight.
- Transports and delivers goods in accordance with the schedule as determined by dispatcher. Properly secures loads and ensures loads are within weight limits.
- Verifies counts and condition of goods loaded and unloaded. Makes reports of overages, shortages, and breakage/damage as needed
- Assures that all equipment/product is safely loaded and securely transported.
- Ensures good customer relations by consistently delivering orders on time and acting in a courteous and professional manner.
- Reports real time into the dispatch office when completing a scheduled delivery and/or when delayed.
- Completes daily equipment (truck) maintenance logs, delivery, and driver logs.
- Verifies all customer documentation is complete and that all activity is reported accurately on the installation/driver’s form, and returns all paperwork to the office on a daily basis.
- Operates the truck/trailer units in a safe manner. Reports any vehicle problems and defects. Must comply with all Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR) and other standards and regulations. Maintains a good driving record.
- Assures that the truck/trailer unit is unloaded, well kept, clean and maintained.
- Abides and follows company safety policy and conducts all activities as safely as possible
- Must have a minimum of two years of CDL driving experience.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
- A current/unexpired valid Class A Driver’s License is required.
- Must have a current medical certificate, or the ability to obtain one.
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs. unrestricted is required.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including overtime with little notice, and overnight runs as necessary.
- Must successfully complete a criminal background investigation and drug screen
- Must maintain a clean criminal record and remain drug free
This position is located at 801 Comanche Road NE, Albuquerque, NM. View the Google Map in full screen.