Information Security Engineer
At Make-A-Wish® America, we are more than a great place to work — our work is life-changing. Together, we create life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses. Nearly 40 years ago the inspiration for Make-A-Wish began with one little boy's wish to be a police officer. Today, together with our volunteers, donors, staff and supporters, Make-A-Wish has granted more than 500,000 life-changing wishes and transformed countless lives.
Make-A-Wish America is the national headquarters for our organization, providing resources and support for our 60 Chapters around the country. The Information Technology team is comprised of a diverse team of technologists responsible for building and operating the technologies that enable Make-A-Wish to grant the wish of every eligible child. The Information Technology team is focused on providing innovative solutions across these key areas: Operations, Security, Applications, Infrastructure, Governance, and Analytics.
The Information Security Engineer is a key contributor to our mission by working on a growing Information Security team to protect the organization’s information and stakeholders. Designs, builds and manages security solutions including Identity and Access Management (IAM), endpoint security, firewalls, email security, application security (including software development security) and security awareness. This position requires a hands-on technical specialist who can handle the complex and detailed technical work necessary to establish security systems such as firewalls, monitoring software, encryption technology, cloud security and threat hunting across the enterprise. Conducts security assessments, develops policies and procedures, and is the subject matter expert for security-related issues. Provide security engineering expertise through all phases of Technology/Project Life Cycle.
WHERE YOU COME IN
As the Information Security Engineer at Make-A-Wish America you will:
- Design secure networks, systems and application architectures.
- Manage design, installation, configuration, setup, testing, troubleshooting, documentation of security solutions including IAM, endpoint security, firewalls, email security, content filtering and security awareness.
- Conduct risk assessment and vulnerability scanning.
- Be the escalation point for security-related incidents.
- Participate in IT projects, providing security advice, expertise and recommendations.
- Conduct security awareness training.
- Plan, research and develop security policies, standards and procedures.
- Ensure the tuning and effectiveness of security tools deployed across the environment.
- Work closely with our Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP) and IT teams to review alerts and investigate security incidents.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Demonstrated success providing innovative IT Security solutions with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm
- Strong project management, research, and data analysis skills
- Ability to effective engage with stakeholders and customers across the organization, leveraging multi-mode communications and platforms
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems or related field
- 2+ years of hands-on experience designing, building and supporting enterprise information security solutions
- Hands-on experience with endpoint security, network firewalls, email security gateways, content filtering, IAM, Single Sign On (SSO), windows servers and virtualization technology
- Preferred vendor experience: Azure SSO, Cisco Firewalls, Mimecast Email Security, VMWare, Cisco AMP for Endpoints, Cisco Umbrella DNS Security, AlienVault
- Knowledge of Microsoft Cloud Products (Office 365, Intune, ATP, Azure Active Directory)
- Preferred Certifications: CompTIA Security+, PenTest+, CySA+, CCNA (R/S or Security), MCSA (Infrastructure or Security), CISSP, CEH, CISA
- Availability to be on call to support escalated IT security incidents
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation with annual incentive potential
- Comprehensive benefit package: Medical, Vision, Dental, Wellness*
- Health and Flexible Spending Account Options
- Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability and Life Insurance*
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- 15 PTO days, 10 Sick Days, 10 Paid Holidays, and 2 Personal Days
- Maternity Leave
- Employee Awards and Recognition Programs
- Individual and Leadership Development
- Discounts and special offers for theme parks, events, hotels, concerts, and movie tickets
*Make-A-Wish America pays the monthly premiums for employees participating in the HSA qualified healthcare, vision, dental, and short/long term disability plans.
We are more than a great place to work - our work is life changing. We are an inclusive and diverse group of people who, through a mosaic of backgrounds, thoughts, and experiences are united in purposeful work. We are fueled and guided by our values - values that are represented in the inspired people we work with and the transformational work we do every day.
We respect and ensure equal opportunity, regardless of race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, perceived disability and other legally protected characteristics.