Loan Servicing Funding Specialist
Eagle Bancorp, Inc. headquartered in Bethesda, MD, was incorporated in 1997 to serve as the bank holding company for EagleBank. Eagle Bancorp is a publicly traded company under the symbol EGBN. EagleBank commenced banking operations on July 20, 1998, and currently operates 20 banking offices: six in Suburban, Maryland, five located in the District of Columbia; and nine in Northern Virginia. The Bank was founded to specifically address the business and personal needs of local business owners. It has been answering and exceeding those needs for over 20 years, providing custom financial solutions, local access to senior management, quick response, local decision-making, and a deeply-rooted dedication to the local community.
Our Mission is to be the most respected and profitable community bank by putting relationships first to the delight of our customers, employees, and shareholders, and relentlessly deliver the most compelling service and value. Eagle Bank’s Values are: Relationships F·I·R·S·T: Flexible, Involved, Responsive, Strong, and Trusted.
Processes loan disbursements and subsequent transactional entries after obtaining pertinent loan documentation from the Lending Department, and verifying that documents are fully executed by the proper entity(s). Reviews and performs General Ledger entries of the funding related transactions through PeopleSoft or IBS. Sends collateral documents such as Deeds of Trust, UCC-1 filings, Vehicle Titles etc. to the appropriate jurisdictions for recording, and sets up tracking for outstanding recorded documents. Performs document review on new loans within the specified time period, and sets up tracking for required recurring documents. Files original promissory notes, guarantee, and collateral documents in safekeeping. Assists with the reconcilement of the loan fee expense on General Ledger. Performs other job related duties as assigned.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reviews for all necessary documentation and approvals are presented and in file prior to funding.
- Processes loan disbursements and other transactions to complete all necessary entries for any given loan funding.
- Sends collateral documents for recording to the various jurisdictions along with establishing tracking until outstanding documents are received. In addition, follows up for any issues related to recordations.
- Performs document review of new loans & set up tracking for missing or recurring documents.
- Works with lending team in resolving discrepancies in loan documentation.
- Files original notes, guaranties & collateral documents in safekeeping.
- Assists with the reconcilement of the loan fee expense on general ledger.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma
- 4 years of experience in a commercial, mortgage or consumer loan servicing operations role required
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Proficient in basic PC allocation including Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Proficient with the use of MFP, Scanners and copy machines
- Knowledge and understanding of General Ledger reconciliations and transaction flow
- Knowledge and understanding of loan servicing functions