HOK designs buildings and spaces that respond to the needs of people and the environment. Our designers are rooted in technical excellence, driven by imagination and focused on a solitary goal: to deliver solutions that inspire clients and communities.
We are currently seeking an Accountant to join our team. As an Accountant, you will be responsible for accurate and timely general accounting of the business unit.
Provides accurate and timely general ledger accounting, bank reconciliations, and fixed asset accounting.
- Prepares assigned journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Prepares monthly invoices, budgets and reports.
- Sets up and maintains an in-house accounting system according to HOK accounting procedures.
- Tracks and inputs budget data.
- Prepares codes and inputs invoices.
- Answers inquiries from staff, vendors or clients, and communicates financial information to the project accountants and Business Manager.
- Balances payroll information.
- Maintains accounting files.
- Works independently to research and resolve financial issues.
- May provide accounting support to other staff as needed.
- May educate and/or guide non-financial staff on accounting procedures.
- Takes personal responsibility for fostering a green workplace through sustainable work practices.
- Knowledge of accounting and finance principles and practices, and the analysis and reporting of financial related reports.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Proficiency in Deltek Vision or similar project accounting software preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and 3 plus years accounting experience; or an equivalent of education and experience required.
- Accounting experience in an architecture firm preferred.
HOK is a drug-free workplace. HOK is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.