Information Assurance Officer
Smartronix, Inc., is an information technology and engineering solutions provider specializing in Cloud Computing, Cyber Security, Health IT, Network Operations, and Mission-Focused Engineering. Smartronix has been leading the cloud computing movement since 2009 and has unparalleled expertise providing advanced technology cloud solutions worldwide to Fortune 1000 Financial, Healthcare, Entertainment and Engineering clients, as well as to Federal, State and Local Governments and the DoD.
The Information Assurance Officer will be responsible for ensuring systems supporting a large scale joint tactical aircraft modeling and simulation environment are developed and maintained in accordance with applicable security policies and procedures while ensuring systems operate in accordance with System Security Plans (SSPs).
Additional Responsibilities Include:
- Administering, assuring, certifying, accrediting and maintaining a unique modeling and simulation communications system network.
- Provide Information Security Certification and Accreditation (C&A) support for unclassified and classified applications, systems and labs in accordance with appropriate DoD/DoN/USAF and sponsoring joint command Special Access Program (SAP) policies and procedures.
- Develop, maintain, renew and execute System Security Plans (SSPs), Security Control Traceability Matrices (SCTMs), Information Security Standard Operating Procedures (IA SOPs), Continuous Monitoring Plan (ConMon) Strategies, Configuration Management Plans (CMPs), Risk Assessment Reports (RARs), Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms), Memorandums of Agreement (MOAs), Authority to Introduce (ATI), Interconnection Security Agreements (ISAs), and other products and procedures required by JSIG or organizational needs.
- Use Risk Management Framework (RMF) to develop, submit, and receive Interim Authority to Test (IATT) and Authority to Operate (ATO) approvals.
- Analyze JSIG, STIGs and Scans, policy and processes to determine security control compliance to develop Assessments and Authorizations (A&A) artifacts.
- Assess the security impact of proposed or actual changes to the network and its environment of operation.
- Analyze systems security, provide guidance in certification testing and evaluation and provide systems accreditation recommendations to the sponsoring command Designated Accrediting Authority (DAA).
- Review and comment on security policies and procedures, and coordinate security implementation issues with the appropriate government officials.
- Attend weekly Departmental meetings, review boards and planning sessions for the teams supported.
- Responsible for classified assets and maintain a media inventory to ensure accountability for all classified material.
Strong current Information Assurance policy knowledge is a must. Must be willing to interact with numerous government and other customers in a dynamic environment with the ability to perform numerous tasks simultaneously. Must be capable of working as a team member or independently with little or no supervision. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail. Must possess a working knowledge of Microsoft computer applications (Project, Word, Access, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Minimum 5+ years experience in Information Assurance (IA) and system security Certification and Accreditation (C&A). Minimum 3+ years experience in DoD Programs, preferably Joint, USAF or DoN conducting Vulnerability Assessment and/or Risk Analysis duties. Must have experience in JSIG, DJSIG, and RMF Information Assurance policies and procedures.
- Active SECRET security clearance, SAP eligible.
- Security+CE Certification required.
- 2+ years of experience as an Information System Security Officer or Information System Security manager.
- 2+ years of experience as a System Administrator or Network Engineer.
- Must have strong DoD/USAF/DoN Information Assurance policy background.
- Must have a basic understanding of Syslog, Network, Data Leakage, Protection and Virtualization technologies.
- Desired experience supporting F-35/JSF /JSE Joint Program Office (JPO) programs to include connecting approved F-35/JSF /JSE JPO IT devices and enclaves to DOD networks.
- Experience with additional aircraft programs is a plus. Past experience working with system developers is highly recommended.
- Must maintain DoDD 8140.01 Cyberspace Workforce Management compliance and the proper clearance.