Research Technician - P. Brundin Lab
Research Technician - P. Brundin Lab
Van Andel Institute is a leading independent biomedical research facility dedicated to determining the epigenetic, genetic, molecular and cellular origins of cancer, Parkinson’s and other diseases, and translating those findings into effective therapies. The Institute is home to more than 400 scientists and support staff that work in on-site laboratories and in collaborative partnerships that span the globe.
The P.Brundin Lab under the direction of Dr. Patrik Brundin, is seeking a Research Technician to be a part of our research team. As a Research Technician, you will be working on at least one of the funded projects related to Parkinson's disease.
Roles: Laboratory research and support, including the ability to accurately adhere to experimental protocols, acquire, and archive data. You will participate in many lab projects and be given the opportunity to contribute as an author to lab publications and also pursue promotion.
Desired Skills – in addition to an intense curiosity of biology and neurodegenerative disease, you must possess the following:
- Tissue culture experience, good sterile techniques
- Experience with mice and rats
- Instrument and small lab equipment maintenance
- Ability to prepare solutions, reagents, media, or stains necessary for experimental procedures
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
Individuals with the following will be highly preferred:
- Non-survival/necropsy mouse or rat experience
- Mouse colony maintenance and/or genotyping
- Bachelor's degree or higher degree in a biological science and a good understanding of Cellular & Molecular Biology.
- 2-3 years of Research Experience in biochemistry and/or molecular/cell/neurobiology.
HOW TO APPLY: https://jobs.silkroad.com/vai/VAICareerSite/jobs/699
If you possess these attributes, submit a single .pdf document bearing the following components:
- A cover letter describing your research interests, experience, and how you might contribute to the P. Brundin Lab’s Research.
- An up-to-date Curriculum Vitae.
- A list of 2-3 individuals who have agreed to act as references along with their contact details.
We are seeking to fill this position ASAP, it will remain open until filled, and we will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis. If you have any difficulty uploading your application or any questions, please email Megan Doerr at Megan.Doerr@vai.org.
VAI is actively striving to diversify its workforce and strongly encourages qualified individuals from underrepresented groups to apply. Van Andel Institute is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer.
About Grand Rapids, MI
Van Andel Institute is located in downtown Grand Rapids, MI, which is the second largest city in Michigan and the largest city in West Michigan. Grand Rapids offers a remarkable combination of cosmopolitan atmosphere and small-town warmth, known for its philanthropic and sustainability-driven community, and is ranked one of "America's Top Places to Live."
Located on the banks of the Grand River, Grand Rapids offers all the big-city excitement you'd expect from a million-resident metropolis, featuring hundreds of restaurants and nightspots, theaters, museums, sports and concerts. The safe and clean downtown is surrounded by an eclectic mix of walk-able neighborhoods.
With a medical and life sciences industry boom, strong entrepreneurial activity, dedication to green building and living, and innovative employers, Grand Rapids' diverse economy continues to grow, offering exceptional career opportunities, green building and living, and innovative employers, Grand Rapids' diverse economy continues to grow, offering endless career opportunities.
This position is located at 333 Bostwick Avenue NE, Grand Rapids, MI. View the Google Map in full screen.