Adjunct - Spanish
Adjunct Instructor: Spanish, Xavier University
Xavier University, located in Cincinnati, Ohio, is currently accepting applications for an Adjunct Instructor of Spanish to begin in the fall of 2019. This position will include the instruction of two beginning- or intermediate-level Spanish courses housed within the Department of Classics and Modern Languages.
Candidates must be dedicated to undergraduate teaching and demonstrate excellence in language teaching at all levels. All applicants for this position must provide evidence of native or near-native proficiency in Spanish. Candidates should be able to help support a diverse and inclusive student community.
Minimum Qualifications: Minimum qualifications to teach Spanish at Xavier University include a Masters in Spanish or related field. Previous Spanish instruction at the college level preferred.
This position will include two, three-credit courses to begin in the fall of 2019. Contracts for adjunct faculty members are issued on a semester basis. Additional courses in the spring semester of 2020 and beyond may be available to the applicant who demonstrates successful teaching in her or his first semester at Xavier.
- Deliver learner-centered instruction by establishing an inclusive classroom environment.
- Effectively plan and prepare classes to support student success.
- Administer appropriate course assessments designed adequately to assess student’s learning in connection with Xavier’s Core Curriculum.
- Use Xavier’s campus-wide CMS, Canvas, to provide course information and maintain an electronic record of student progress.
- Work cooperatively with members of the Spanish language section, faculty in the Classics and Modern Languages department, the Spanish Language Coordinator, and the Department Chair within the College of Arts and Sciences.
Interested candidates must apply on Xavier University's website. For additional information, please contact Natalia Jacovkis, Spanish Coordinator, email@example.com, or Jamie H. Trnka, Department Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Xavier University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer