Case Administrator-TEMPORARY POSITION
The Case Administrator will interact directly with our distribution and sales partners to accept, review and process individual life new business applications, as well as informal applications. This individual will ensure that the applications will partner with our underwriting team in a manner which facilitates timely risk assessment, decision making, issuance, and timely final action of application file. This individual should enjoy working in a dynamic, fast paced team environment and have a passion for service delivery. This is a temporary position that we expect to last 6 months.
- Manages an assigned caseload of individual life applications from submission to policy issue.
- Works closely with the Account Managers, Relationship Managers, Underwriters, Field Office staff, and Financial Advisers to complete client requests, meeting or exceeding expectations with regard to timeliness and accuracy.
- Receives and reviews life applications from Financial Advisers and completes data entry (SNAP) and document indexing (PaperClip).
- Reviews electronically entered data for life applications and required forms; identifies and resolves any discrepancies and missing requirements. Ensures all regulatory controls are enforced. Acknowledges receipt of requirements on system, identifies and advises Financial Advisers of any additional information required.
- Partners with underwriting and orders any additional requirements if needed. Upon final decision by underwriter, prepares case and system for issuing a policy according to regulatory requirements. Reviews case for any changes and for completion and accuracy of information. Process necessary changes prior to issuing policy contract.
- Communicates all case developments verbally and in writing while following up with field offices, service providers and others for any outstanding requirements. Reviews and matches any new requirements to case; updates system to reflect changes.
- Works with LNB team to identify needs and issues and to discuss ways of improving service levels by recommending best practices.
- Handles phone and written communication to and from Field Offices and Financial Advisers. Proactively provides up to date information regarding status of contract, outstanding requirements and transactions/processing explanations.
- Establishes and maintains high quality adviser and client relationships – assessing needs and responding to them effectively. Monitors and controls case activity. Refer case to technical specialist and/or other as needed.
- Develops relationships within the home office across departments including but not limited to: Underwriting, Client Service, Distribution, and Compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of all individual life products, illustrations, systems, regulatory issues and department standards and goals.
- Develops and maintains strong working knowledge of administrative systems and all appropriate capabilities.
- Meets speed of service and quality goals for each task function and contribute to overall team goals.
- Performs various other related duties and assignment as needed.
- Ability to function in a fast paced and collaborative team environment with high productivity and accuracy expectations.
- Adaptable to a changing environment and flexibility around work assignments.
- Basic math skills
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail
- Good interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Competent computer experience; demonstrated ability in Microsoft Office; the ability to utilize multiple systems and windows simultaneously.
- Demonstrates initiative, self motivation and excellent organization skills, ability to set priorities, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Adapting to change
- Collaborating with others
- Strong Customer focus
- Respect for diversity
- Focusing on detail
- Ability to make a positive contribution as demonstrated by learning new skills and making suggestions for process/procedure improvement.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in service delivery.
- Prior experience and/or knowledge of insurance a plus.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
All Associates Exemplify Our Penn Mutual Values:
Acting With Integrity—We have the conscious intention to do the right thing.
Respecting One Another—We see each other’s distinctiveness as a valued asset.
Focusing on Relationships—We foster meaningful connections with others.
Sustaining Our Legacy—We are trusted guardians for what we promise.
A Shared Sense of Belonging—We evoke our place as part of a world that we influence and influences us.
Penn Mutual is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO). We provide employment and advancement opportunities to all qualified applicants and associates, according to applicable laws. This is reflected in our practices for hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruitment, compensation, selection or training, and all other terms and conditions of employment. All employment-related decisions and practices are free from unlawful discrimination. This includes: race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship age, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, domestic partnership or civil union status, marital status, genetic information, disability, religious observance or practice, liability, veteran status or any other classification protected under applicable law.
Leaders may, at their discretion, change the responsibilities in this position description at any time due to reasonable accommodation and/or other business reasons.
About the Penn Mutual Life Insurance Company
Penn Mutual is committed to helping people live life with confidence. At the heart of this purpose is the belief that life insurance is central to a sound financial plan. Through our network of trusted advisers, we are dedicated to helping individuals, families and businesses achieve their dreams. Penn Mutual supports its advisers with retirement and investment services through its wholly owned subsidiary Hornor, Townsend & Kent, LLC, member FINRA/SIPC. Visit Penn Mutual at www.pennmutual.com.