Temp. - Short-Term Employment
Audio Visual Technician
This is seasonal, temporary work in the operation and setup of Audio Visual (AV) equipment for FSW events including, but not limited to, sporting events, concerts, and office video conference meetings. Most work to be performed at FSW’s SunCoast Credit Union Arena and the City of Palms Park but could take place at any of the FSW campuses.
- Provides delivery, setup, support, strike, and pickup of audio, video, lighting and staging equipment for meetings, events, social functions, and conferences.
- Operates audio visual equipment, i.e., cameras for sporting events, etc. during FSW events.
- Pulls, prepares and maintains quality control of equipment for distribution to events.
- Maintains the organization of AV equipment in main AV storage, on site, and in store room(s).
- Assists with AV inventory control, maintenance, etc.
- Responds to emergency calls related to AV staffing needs, as needed.
- Reads technical manuals, confers with users, and conducts diagnostics to determine the nature of problems.
- Provides technical assistance to users and staff.
- Refers major hardware problems or defective products to supervisor for service.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- These essential job functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed; employees will be required to perform other job related duties as required. An employee with a disability is encouraged to contact the Human Resources Office to evaluate the job in greater detail in order to determine if she/he can safely perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
High School diploma or GED.
Any combination of training and experience equivalent to one year with Audio Visual technology or a related area. Must possess basic audio, video, projection, lighting skills and excellent customer service skills.
Flexibility in scheduling; willingness and ability to work daytime, evening and weekend shifts.
Willingness and ability to master setup and operation of FSW Audio Visual equipment.
Salary: $12.00 per hour
Resumes will be accepted through Aug. 31, 2019.
If this position sounds like an opportunity to which you aspire, please submit your resume for consideration to become one of the best, the brightest, the BUCS!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.