Perform initial nutrition assessment, including collecting and reviewing anthropometrical data and assist in the development and implementation of participant nutrition care plan and food prescription. As part of the WIC team, responsible for direct service provision to participant client centered nutrition education and counseling, including clerical functions as needed to optimize clinic flow and excellence in customer service. Participate in the development and implementation of group nutrition activities and attend WIC team and local agency meetings.
In addition, this position requires working evenings, weekends and a flexible work schedule to meet the needs of the clinic.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year institution with a major in foods and nutrition, community nutrition, nutrition education, or nutritional sciences and one year of related experience.
- Time management and high level of organizational skills essential.
- Strong computer skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills
- Proficiency in Spanish preferred.
- Strong decision making, creative problem solving, organizational and leadership skills.