Franchise Business Consultant
Since 1940, Dairy Queen® has been one of the world’s best known and loved brands. Based in Minneapolis, MN, International Dairy Queen Inc., (IDQ), is the parent company of American Dairy Queen Corporation. As a leading franchisor, there are more than 7,000 independently owned and operated restaurants in the U.S., Canada and 24 countries around the world. IDQ is a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (Berkshire) which is led by Warren Buffett, the legendary investor and CEO of Berkshire.
Here at IDQ, we create extraordinary Fan experiences every day and we do this through our commitment to hiring and retaining only the best in class talent. We firmly believe that our employees are the catalyst to the success of the company where their initiative, strategic thinking, and entrepreneurial spirit are recognized and rewarded. We're looking for motivated, passionate and dedicated individuals with an inherent need and ambition to go after bigger challenges.
IDQ is looking for a high performing Franchise Business Consultant to join our team home based in Waco, Texas. This position will provide leadership and coaching to franchisees and the Operations team to achieve short and long-term company and operations objectives. It requires utilizing knowledge of restaurant operations and staff resources to provide counsel, advice and assistance to franchisee owners/operators to positively impact and improve sales, profits, operating standards and systems while maintaining or exceeding customer expectations.
As the Franchise Business Consultant you will have the following responsibilities:
- Effectively implement and execute the Worldwide Operation’s Business Plan (rolling 1, 2 and 3 year plan) for a particular District.
- Develop and implement a district wide business plan (i.e., integrated marketing, operations, training, development and supply chain plan)
- When and where appropriate, establish and implement effective business plans with franchise owners in the district. Provide necessary counsel and assistance to ensure the plans include specific objectives and strategies in support of ADQ’s Operations and Marketing Plan.
- Monitor progress and goal achievement status.
- Where appropriate and available, determines financial status of select franchisees and monitors for progress. Provides impactful advice and counsel to position franchisees for optimal financial health
- Implement strategies to assist franchisee in executing human resource, training and professional development plans and programs, where appropriate.
- Responsible for positioning franchisees for consistent achievement of optimal shift management, food safety, quality, service, cleanliness, repair and maintenance, and atmosphere goals as established by Operation’s Business Plan and ADQ’s operating standards.
- Responsible for monitoring consistent execution and delivery of company strategies to ensure food safety, menu compliance, trademark protection and IDQ standards.
- Provide leadership in developing and managing marketing performance through effective partnerships with appropriate departments, vendors and franchisees.
- Partners with appropriate ADQ staff to help position new and existing franchisees to establish and execute effective development, reinvestment and renewal strategies.
- Maintain consistent performance standards for employees and vendors. Employ sound employee and vendor relations skills. Foster a corporate culture that promotes ethical practices, encourages individual integrity, and fulfills social responsibility. Maintain a positive a positive and ethical work climate that is conducive to attracting, retaining, and motivating a diverse group of top-quality employees at all levels.
- Consistently strive to achieve the Company’s financial and operating goals and objectives. Provide support to other departments/functions as needed. Consistently strive to meet or favorably exceed operating budget for department
- Operate within and uphold IDQ’s policies and Business Code of Conduct
- May assist with new store openings
- Ad Hoc projects as needed
- Ability to work on evenings and weekends, as necessary, to meet business needs of franchisees.
- ServSafe certification
- Frequent (4+ hours per day) communication via telephone and email.
- Ability to travel overnight for franchisee and staff meetings/visits an average of two weeks per month.
- Ability to drive an automobile for franchisee and staff meetings/visits. May require sitting in vehicle up to 8 hours per day, when traveling. Must be able to be insured by company insurance provider.
- Ability to travel by airplane as necessary.
- Ability to stand on concrete or tiled floors for up to 8 hours per day, when visiting a franchisee location.
- No food or beverage allergies that would prevent you from tasting products or working in and around a Dairy Queen or Orange Julius restaurant environment.
- Thorough knowledge and familiarity with the Restaurant Industry (QSR preferred).
- Thorough knowledge of restaurant operations.
- Proficient knowledge of marketing, finance, training, human resource and development.
- Well organized with a high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Creative thinker who can quickly develop innovative ideas across a wide variety of business units.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to clearly articulate concepts and programs to a variety of audiences.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to both internal and external clients.
- Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects and requests simultaneously, within an intense, deadline-driven environment.
- Relationship building skills with the ability to create mutually beneficial relationships with both internal and external clients.
- Ability to work quickly in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, restaurant management or a related field or equivalent restaurant operations experience.
- 4 or more years of restaurant management (multi-unit/high volume preferred) and/or franchise operations management (or an equivalent combination of education and experience).
- A clean driving record is required.
Benefit package includes medical, dental and vision insurance coverage, employer paid basic life insurance, short and long-term disability, paid sick and vacation, 401(k) match, tuition reimbursement, wellness challenges and more!
IDQ is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. IDQ participates in the US E-Verify program.
To view our applicant privacy policies, please click the following links:
This position is located in Waco, TX. View the Google Map in full screen.