Escrow and Legal Services Manager
Eagle Bancorp, Inc. headquartered in Bethesda, MD, was incorporated in 1997 to serve as the bank holding company for EagleBank. Eagle Bancorp is a publicly traded company under the symbol EGBN. EagleBank commenced banking operations on July 20, 1998, and currently operates 20 banking offices: six in Suburban, Maryland, five located in the District of Columbia; and nine in Northern Virginia. The Bank was founded to specifically address the business and personal needs of local business owners. It has been answering and exceeding those needs for over 20 years, providing custom financial solutions, local access to senior management, quick response, local decision-making, and a deeply-rooted dedication to the local community.
Our Mission is to be the most respected and profitable community bank by putting relationships first to the delight of our customers, employees, and shareholders, and relentlessly deliver the most compelling service and value. Eagle Bank’s Values are: Relationships F·I·R·S·T: Flexible, Involved, Responsive, Strong, and Trusted.
Responsible for the management of all daily functions, operations, employee performance, future development and success of the Escrow and Business Services Group (EBS). The EBS group encompasses EB-5, Deposit Account Control Agreements (DACA), EagleBank Escrow Accounts, Deposit Escrow Sub-Accounts (DESA), Escrow Manager Accounts, Subpoenas, Garnishments, Attachments, Levies and other types of legal warrants served on the Bank. Assess and effectively manage the risk associated with the EBS business objectives and activities to ensure alignment with the bank’s risk management framework. Ensure that business objectives and activities adhere to bank policies and procedures, and are in compliance with legal and federal regulatory requirements. Provide sales, service and execution support for new and prospective EBS client relationships. Maintain an in-depth knowledge of bank products and services in order to aide in identifying customer's needs and to provide solutions. Serve as main point of contact for internal and external client problem resolution.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and oversee all activity of the Escrow and Business Services group related to the day to day operations, which includes account openings, escrow disbursement requests, wire transfers, daily EB-5 and DACA administrative tasks, respond to subpoenas, garnishment, attachments, levies and other types of legal warrants served on the Bank.
- Represent the bank in negotiations with clients, potential clients, client's attorney, to establish terms, structure and pricing of the new and existing EBS relationships.
- Develop, approve and establish policies and procedures for EBS.
- Manage staff and performance; provide guidance, instruction, training and career development.
- Interact with all operational areas of the Bank to implement special handling requirements specific to each deal such as rate exceptions, fee calculations, and 1099 reporting, etc.
- Leads and/or facilitates problem resolutions for internal and external clients
- Report, as needed, to senior level management.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• 5 years of Escrow account administration experience
• 3 years of business services experience managing legal requests and requirements such as subpoenas,garnishments and levies.
• 2 years supervisory or leadership experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or Finance.
Required Certifications, Licenses or systems needed:
- Core and support bank processing system
Preferred Certifications or Licenses:
- FIS Global core system
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED
Required Knowledge & Skills:
- Advanced knowledge of banking products
- Strong knowledge of banking regulations, deposit operations, policies, procedures and escrow account administration
- Strong communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office