CRM Data Steward
At RR Donnelley, our people make a difference every day – in production, working with customers, or behind the scenes in a support role. They know how to manage the job and exceed expectations! Founded 150 years ago, RR Donnelley is a Fortune 500 company that employs approximately 55,000 people in 40 countries across the globe. For challenging and rewarding career opportunities with an innovative industry leader, consider RR Donnelley!
We are currently seeking a Data Steward role is a critical function in any organization that leverages the Client Relationship Management (CRM) system.
This central repository allows the organization to effectively maintain, search, and report on customer data. Therefore, it’s vital for this data to be complete, accurate, and free of errors/duplication's.
A Data Steward's responsibilities include:
- Adding, removing, and editing contact data and employment information for people and company records to maintain accuracy
- Researching and inputting missing information such as email addresses, job titles, and mailing addresses
- Regularly merging duplicate contacts
- Maintaining the high level categories of contacts to reflect valid/invalid email addresses, opt out status, etc.
The Data Steward should have a strong attention to detail to update and maintain the client’s InterAction data on an ongoing basis.
This individual will spend time maintaining existing contacts while integrating new contacts into the system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Data Steward has the responsibility of monitoring the quality of contacts within InterAction.
- Monitoring, researching, and merging duplicate people and company records, as well as duplicate phones/faxes/addresses on those records
- Associating people records with company records
- Researching competitor/client status of new company records
- Processing approximately 100-500 bounceback emails on a daily basis—marking and quarantining contacts with problematic email addresses
- Standardizing job titles, address data, and ensuring that critical data fields are populated
- Performing weekly archiving tasks for CRM folders, searches, registration pages, etc.
- Importing web-site sign ups to InterAction and add to appropriate categories.
- Supporting data maintenance as it applies to alumni records
- Working with Marketing Information Systems Coordinator to provide feedback on CRM data trends, issues, and possible solutions
- Researching/processing data change management tickets (generated when an Inter Action user changes data on a contact record), and following up with the user as necessary
Mass Mailing Distribution/Maintenance
- Providing primary support for the Client’s mass-emailing software, including but not limited to the filtering of mailing lists for eligible contacts; final preparation, testing and troubleshooting of email messages to ensure design integrity and deliverability
- Reporting on deliverability issues to primary Business Development staff (spam/firewall/content issues, etc.)
- Monitoring mass email server for requests/inquiries from contacts and forwarding to appropriate Business Development employee
- Managing distribution of large volume mailings, which vary by category, time of year and the Client’s event schedule
- Providing backup support for the development, configuration and troubleshooting of online registration pages for Business Development events or other purposes
- Providing primary support for the export of Inter Action data for hard copy mass mailing campaigns, including but not limited to the filtering of mailing lists for eligible contacts
- 2-4 years experience in similar service ideally within a law firm
- High School Diploma or demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail are critical to the success of this position
- The Data Steward should have a strong attention to detail to update and maintain the client's InterAction data on an ongoing basis
- This individual will spend time maintaining existing contacts while integrating new contacts into the system
- Very good knowledge of MS Office Suite
RR Donnelley is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer