Press Assistant 1 (Post Folder/Gluer) 1st Shift
The Assistant Operator is responsible for supporting the set up and operation of litho label laminating and folding/gluing equipment, including set up, operation, cleanup, and recommending improvements to operations. The job duties for this position include, but are not limited to:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complies & promotes all company policies and procedures, including safety and maintaining good housekeeping.
- Accurate and efficient set up of all equipment in accordance with proper setup techniques.
- Properly operate machine to run efficiently and produce quality products (level one/entry skills).
- Monitor each order throughout production run to ensure tolerances are being maintained and make equipment adjustments as necessary. Continually check quality of product during the run.
- Minimize waste of sheet stock, glue& supplies.
- Assist in training all crew positions.
- Read and understand job tickets. Complete necessary job paperwork.
- Report productivity achievements, waste/defects. Adhere to production schedule and quality requirements.
- Communicate effectively with operator, supervisor, finishing operators, material handlers and co-workers.
- Clean and maintain work area.
- Complete necessary input/setup of automated data collection system as well as reports in an accurate and timely manner, including but not limited to: Production Data, Machine Operational Status, Safety Data, and Quality Data.
- Additional duties may be assigned by management.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
Education and Experience/Qualifications:
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Ability to read, understand and carry out written instructions.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal instructions.
- Standing 100% of the entire shift with frequent bending.
- Lifting up to 50 lbs occasionally, 35 lbs frequently.
- Grasping with both hands for long periods of time.
- HS diploma or equivalent.
- Strong math skills and knowledge of simple computer operations.
- Ability to read, interpret and process written job instructions including those dealing with dimensions and quantity.
- Mechanical aptitude and problem solving skills.
Previous experience on mounting / laminating and automated folder / gluer equipment preferred.