Machine Technician 2 - 2nd shift
Our Plover, Wisconsin facility is part of our Supply Chain Solutions group where we specialize in ‘kitting’ – assembling packages for our commercial clients. Team members handle various tasks from inventory control to assembly – ensuring that the correct items are placed into consumer packaging – through to quality assurance and shipping. Our well lit production warehouse is clean, temperature controlled and most lines do not require hearing protection.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- This position is responsible for participating in and overseeing the operation and maintenance of packaging equipment within the assembly processes. This includes the installation, operation, maintenance, modification, construction, and protection of physical facilities and equipment used to produce customer products and provide customer services.
- This position is responsible for ensuring that the Preventive Maintenance Program is in place and followed for all affected equipment. Responsibilities also include compliance with all federal, state and local laws as such apply to OSHA, environmental air quality control requirements and hazard/waste control requirements.
- Overseeing the PM program and working with engineering to establish a program for equipment where a program does not exist.
- Overseeing the training and performance of machine Technicians, operators and assemblers in the areas of:
- Machine Changeover
- Machine tuning
- Machine troubleshooting
- Machine repair.
- Overseeing the spare parts inventory and related processes.
- Working with engineers to coordinate internal and customer related projects.
- Take ownership of any new equipment coming into the plant. A Tech 2 will be assigned primary responsibility for any new equipment and work closely with the engineering, customer, and manufacturer to understand and prepare the plant for the operation of the new equipment.
- Oversee the production work order system.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
- Language Skills
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret plant policy or procedure document.
- Ability to read and follow owners and operating manuals for assigned equipment
- Ability to create reports (spreadsheets and others).
- Ability to inform management and employees of maintenance activities and their impact on the operation.
- Mathematical Skills
- Basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply, and divide)
- Advanced math skills of trigonometry and algebra
- Reasoning Ability
- Understand the concepts of wants versus needs
- Ability to prioritize work based on cost, safety, and plant objectives.
- Technical skills (desired)
- Electrical Troubleshooting (AC/DC High and Low Voltage)
- Mechanical troubleshooting
- Mechanical and Electrical component repair and replacement
- Understanding of drives and motors
- Lean / 5S experience
- Physical Demands
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to handle, or feel; talk and hear.
- The employee is required to stand and walk.
- The employee will be required to perform keyboarding activities on a personal computer.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- The position requires close vision ability to include lateral and vertical vision, depth perception, and ability to distinguish colors and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee may be required to travel periodically for the Company.
- The incumbent must possess an Industrial Mechanical Technician and/or equivalent, two to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working with engineering concepts, construction blueprints, and electrical/mechanical diagrams.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office personal computer software; specifically Google, Excel, Word, AutoCadLT, and the Internet.
- A plus would be having experience with: vision systems, robotics, PLC programming (Siemens/Allen Bradley), Zebra printers and Wolke ink jet printers.