Print Production Account Specialist 2
KIRK RD – Do you thrive in fast-paced environment? We are looking to add talent to our growing team. In this position you will be the central point of contact for our customers, sales and plant employees for your assigned jobs, providing ownership and oversight for the entire production of printed materials, or print related services for our customers. Provide excellent customer service and communication through all stages of the manufacturing process, including kitting and shipping.
RR Donnelley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. The company's policy is to select, place and deal with all its employees without discrimination based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, age, disability, perceived disability, sexual orientation, protected Veteran status, genetic information or on the basis of any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Work assignments are typically both a mix of routine and non-routine work that often requires deviation from accepted practice and procedures to complete given wide variety of circumstances encountered in the job. Work is reviewed primarily for end results and is performed under general guidelines or procedures which include administrative directives in the form of rules, policies, and established precedents pertinent to the assignment. Ability to establish own priorities.
- Engage customers to gather job requirements and translate customer requirements in to detailed manufacturing/kitting instructions and shipping/postal instructions for disposition of the customers’ products. May make suggestions to customers regarding workflow/process improvements to proposed jobs to maximize the benefits to both the customer and the company.
- Ensure job instructions are entered and verified in the various manufacturing systems and queued in to the production schedule.
- Confer with customers throughout production to keep them informed of the status of jobs, solicit additional information needed for current jobs and coordinate changes to jobs. May forward/review proofs with customer, obtain approval of materials, such as artwork, color separations, or ink samples.
- Coordinate production of components with other internal plants and/or external vendors as required.
- Coordinate the resolution of customer or manufacturing issues with customer jobs. Engage appropriate departments to verify the issue and determine the root case. May make recommendations to management on appropriate response to issues that are in the best interest of the customer and the company. Communicate with customers regarding the resolution of issues.
- Provide pre-sales support with customers and discuss the manufacturing capabilities and requirements needed to produce a successful job.
- Monitor progress of jobs throughout production, confer with manufacturing operations on counts and final runs and ensure the final product meets customer requirements and company standards.
- Tally the final production runs and work performed to assemble paperwork for billing purposes.
Business Unit/Platform Specific duties:
- May have responsibility for determining the supplies and paper needed for jobs including the use of vendors to supply component of the customer product.
- May assist sales in the RFP process supplying estimates and determining how to efficiently process a complete job.
- May have responsibility for the composition and/or copy prep of the customers’ products.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned
HS diploma or equivalent with 5-6 years of relevant administrative/operational support in the printing industry. Ideal candidate will have a strong knowledge of offset and digital printing (including large format), bindery services and kit building / product fulfillment. May possess additional education certification in this level.
Requires excellent knowledge of functional area(s) related to the job or good knowledge related to a professional field of work. Able to consistently apply applicable policies, procedures, regulations, and program objectives when carrying out the duties of the job. May provide oversight of work conducted by junior level staff and/or review/audit work for accuracy. Must have advanced knowledge of technology to include computers and software programs such as MS Office Suite or other programs specific to the job in order to complete job duties successfully. Must have excellent oral and written communication skills to communicate effectively across departments when completing assignments. Must have strong organizational skills with ability to manage deadlines and prioritize workload and make adjustment to meet business needs.
Must be able to work weekends and holidays
Additional job knowledge, skills, and/or abilities specific to a department may be listed on the staffing requisition
The duties and responsibilities described above are the essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions