Customer Account Specialist (Project Management)
The Project Manager plans, tracks, and controls projects by developing a project plan with deliverables, timelines, and issues lists. They coordinate with the client, sales, team members (programming, composition and accounting), and production to ensure on-time delivery and flawless execution of the commitment defined in the statement of work by the client and RRD. They troubleshoot and communicate the status of problems that might occur in the operations process. The Project Manager establishes work breakdown structures, resource requirements, scheduling and inventory/material planning, definition of manufacturing specifications, and regular client communication as part of the project plan.
- Plans the production of a project by directing team members, support, and production personnel in the production planning and scheduling; producing a project plan which includes work breakdown structure, resource requirements and schedule; and conducting a potential problem analysis and proactively planning for implementation to ensure project preparations are organized and completed in a timely manner.
- Prepares final specifications for a project by communicating with team members, product development, and production to ensure that problems are worked out and that the project is ready to be produced.
- Gather required data from customers and evaluate objectives and goals to create the project plan and develop the statement of work. Submit Statement of Work to legal for approval.
- Analyze and review the customer requirements and make determination on the scope of the overall project. Assembles the resources required for project implementation by working with production to schedule equipment; working with logisticians to ensure inventory of component materials; working with composers to ensure client artwork meets manufacturing specifications; working with programmers to create output per client specifications; and working with the client to ensure delivery of customer-supplied materials.
- Estimate time frames, and resources (programming, composition, etc) required to successfully complete a project.
- Design & implement workflows after evaluating complexity, deliverables, and costs/job profitability. Maintain the master schedule for all project activities and conduct periodic status checks to assess progress against the schedule. Make changes to plans when requirements change/shift.
- Monitors and controls the project plan by making adjustments to resources and schedules; communicating with team members and production; updating project plans and schedules as changes occur; reporting to the client, supervision, and the client relationship manager on project status; and conducting a post-project evaluation to deliver the project on time and within specifications
- Communicate customer project status to appropriate stakeholders and disseminate information on problems or potential delays. Manage customer expectations and ensure the completed work meets customer SLA’s and comply with the company standards.
- Implements continuous improvement action plans to achieve quality, on-time delivery, and customer satisfaction goals.
- May be involved in establishing test cases and final sign-off on projects for go live to the customer.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
Bachelor degree in business related field with 2-5 years of relevant work experience OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
Able to demonstrates ability to solve somewhat more complex problems by analyzing variables and applying appropriate solutions learned through experience and proficiency in understanding the job. Must be able to recognize anomalies and critical situations and respond appropriately. Must be able to communicate and interact with a variety of internal/external customers and/or co-workers at level of detail required to resolve issues of moderate complexity.
Able to apply strong functional computer knowledge in utilizing Microsoft Windows, MAC, or other technical tools in completing assignments. May require knowledge of or ability to quickly learn specialized software to complete work assignments. Able to demonstrate continued expertise in the primary tools or applications used in completing daily work assignments and project management.
Requires very good communication skills with ability to state messages in a clear manner by using language that is easy for others to understand.
Must be able to proactively listen to others to understand issues and situations. Must be able to clearly articulate business needs to both internal and external customers.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer