Press Operator, Sheet-Fed
PSP - Pacific Standard Print has an immediate opening for Sheetfed Press Operator on 2nd Shift. The sheetfed press operator will be working on a 40" 6-color Komori Lithrone.
- Set up, adjust, operate, and maintain single or multi-color offset press to print single-color, two-color, and/or multi-color work which includes large solids, screen tints, line and halftones with critical color values and registration requirements ranging from hairline to critical or operate similarly situated equipment that applies a variety of non-ink based coatings to a paper web or sheet stock.
- Review job specifications to determine the press setup according to the imposition of the run (sheet wise or work and turn).
- Perform all make-ready tasks associated with the type of press operated such as hanging plates or installing cylinders, examine plates/cylinders for imperfections and checks for correct positioning of images, prepping blankets, adjusting tension and register etc.
- Make necessary color corrections and/or press adjustments prior to production run to meet and maintain the quality specifications of the work.
- Clean, lubricate, and maintain the press, making minor repairs and replacing worn or broken parts as required. Performs periodic maintenance recommended by the manufacturer.
- Requires knowledge of offset printing procedures, materials, equipment and safety requirements and skills to perform assignments.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
- Read and understand job specifications to determine press set-up materials needed to run the job successfully.
- Five (5) years of experience as a Sheet-Fed Press Operator
- Ability to lift 10 to 25 lbs
- Must have sufficient knowledge of press capabilities to determine the most appropriate use of the press and corrective adjustments required to run efficiently.
- Knowledge of the appropriate amount of packing pressure needed to obtain the proper printing pressure for the type of job being run.
- Skill in use of micrometer to mount and align the printing plate correctly.
- Skill in routine operational maintenance and minor repairs to equipment.
- Ability to make adjustments to feeder and feed board (e.g., ability to adjust suctions and blast, front and side guides and the timing of the head stops).