Material Handler 2 - Swing shift
Performs basic Bindery operations somewhat independently, and performs somewhat complex production tasks, as directed by supervision.
Trains team of Material Handler Level 1’s and temporary employees per job ticket instructions and procedures, to include Hand Assembly and Small Equipment production as necessary to complete the scheduled work on time.
- Train Employees on how to perform assigned tasks.
- Monitor break times to ensure that employees report back to work areas as scheduled
- Monitors job quality by performing frequent quality inspections. Reports issues/problems in a timely manner to supervisor for resolution.
- Operate equipment, such as shrink wrap, hole punch etc.
- Operate pallet jack to move pallets as needed.
- Labels, packs, stacks, folds, tapes and inserts material/product per work instructions and procedures.
- Maintain and meet production and schedule timelines
- Adhere to quality control procedures
- Communicates effectively and appropriately with all employees and temporary workers.
- Ensures the work area is clean, organized and informs supervisor of suggestions or concerns
- Follows all safety procedures, and reports suggested improvements or concerns to supervisor.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
- Participates fully in Continuous Improvement Activities.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
- Demonstrated ability to explain, direct and oversee teams of staff in performing functions requiring basic skills
- Must be detail oriented, efficient, self- motivated and have good cognitive skills.
- Must have the ability to work independently at a fast pace within a team environment
- Must be production, quality, and process oriented.
- Ability to perform basic math
- Must possess basic problem solving skills
- Ability to read, understand, explain and carry out written and oral instructions accurately
Swing Shift Hours: 2pm - 10pm M-F
Previous Bindery material handling experience, preferably in a print environment.