Retail Print Procurement Specialist
As the Retail Print Procurement Specialist, acts as the primary liaison and solution architect between RRD’s Retail ISM clients, internal RRD stakeholders, internal production facilities and vendor partners for all pricing needs related to promotional and additional projects. Utilizes strong project management skills, (print production and technology) knowledge, and experience to oversee, plan and coordinate the execution of retail print signage projects from scope development to final disposition. Achieves the objectives of the service agreement in compliance of client expectations, company policy, and profit and quality requirements. Applies understanding of client’s business needs in building and maintaining solid client and vendor relationships through active engagement at all stages, monitoring client satisfaction, vendor performance and providing consulting in conjunction with RR Donnelley stakeholders.
Establishes and maintains a positive and productive long-term client relationship in the development of targeted solutions and new business opportunities. Provides consultative production and pricing expertise in support of client requirements. Effectively monitors and maintains client specific internal and external supply base. Provide support to RRD stakeholders and leadership, providing information regarding client issues, needs and opportunities.
- A Primary point of contact for client and internal teams. Build constructive relationships with primary client contacts and apply knowledge of client’s business (organization structure, value chain, strategic plans, etc.) to partner with RRD stakeholder to assess and develop processes to deliver on service quality and solutions development for the client.
- Provide solutions, develop pricing and provides original/revised job requirements to the platform. Partners with RRD stakeholders to develop and execute on strategic client plans, build contract provisions, and develop sales forecasts.
- Apply knowledge and experience to provide consultative print production recommendations and pricing solutions that meet client and RRD expectations in service of the account contract.
- Proactively identify and drive resolution to account challenges by leveraging RRD resources, external resources and technologies.
- As the primary point of contact, manage high profile, complex and/or major accounts across multi-channel communication platforms.
- Provides recommendations for process improvements to bolster improved quality, client satisfaction, increased productivity and lower operating costs.
- Oversees the production or project process from point of sale until final delivery. Actively engages with manufacturing concerning all production-related requirements, to include but not limited to facilitate approval of materials such as artwork, color separations, ink samples, paper selection and final production counts.
- Review client requirements for production capabilities and provide efficient and economical production alternatives as needed.
- Resolve issues that may arise during production of client products. Keep leadership and sales team informed of client project status, progress, issues, enhancements and modifications as required.
- Maintain accurate, complete, up-to-date client data in compliance with procedures and policy.
- Assist in the implementation and execution of products and services. Consult with clients and/or internal RRD stakeholders to understand business issues and goals, and works with client to develop improved solutions to business needs.
- Work to develop and prepare sales product presentations for use on up-sell opportunity for the accounts managed and assist Sales with the development of sales collateral for new business opportunities.
- Identify client needs and opportunity to secure new business.
- Perform within the client contract parameters.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of industry trends , new products, specifications, competitor strengths and weaknesses.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
- Work with Client to manage their print and communication needs.
- Multitask and prioritize tasks by urgency while managing key milestones.
- Partner with Client production managers to ensure all goals and objectives are met on a project-by-project basis.
- Assist, maintain and manage specifications, quoting process and order entry to ensure accuracy and standardization of all estimates and that all specifications represent the best value for the project.
- Assist Client in the development of custom printing projects: including size, material, and print recommendations and researching new idea elements including the production processes, substrates, and industry practices for that project.
- Facilitate prototype and development of custom print piece.
- Maintain all Client compliance procedures and ensure the Clients branding guidelines are met.
- Manage vendor base for best fit to client’s product and geographical proximity need.
- Vendor negotiation to confirm price and margin comparing to historical information if available.
- Provide reports on spend, internal vs. external source, number of projects and other reporting as required.
- May confer with client to modify inventory levels and provide recommendations related to fulfillment.
- Manage projects from production through delivery and billing in an efficient, timely, and cost-effective manner and develop quick and creative solutions for production issues.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
- Bachelor degree in discipline related to functional work or role with 8-10 years of relevant work experience OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
- Able to apply broad work experience and knowledge when analyzing complex problems. Must be able consistently identify critical elements, variables and alternatives to develop solutions.
- Must be able to organize/prioritize existing resources and incorporate new information, as needed, to implement the most effective solutions.
- Able to communicate clearly and courteously with those who need to know of decisions/actions/problems. Able to apply excellent business acumen and collaborative skills when resolving problems.
- Able to apply excellent functional computer knowledge in utilizing Microsoft Windows, MAC, or other technical tools in completing assignments.
- Able to apply expertise in all the tools or applications used to complete work assignments.
- Able to mentor junior level team members in the use of tools and/or systems in the position.
- Requires excellent communication skills with ability to state messages in a clear manner by using language that is easy for others to understand.
- Able to explain programs policies and procedures in language that is understood by others.
- Must be able to modify communication style both formal and informal to match the appropriate level of the audience targeted. Requires strong understanding of the impact of a message on the organization or client.
- Able to write with the clarity and precision necessary for the work being performed.
Additional job requirements may be listed on the staffing requisition.