St Charles- Stern Avenue, IL•
- Pre-flight files in the major pre-press applications. (Adobe Creative Suite, Quark, Office apps, Artwork Systems Artpro).
- Import, trap, bleed, and color separate production files for flexo printing, and HP Indigo digital press using a Mac.
- Create die files, PDF proofs.
- Scan, create art and typeset artwork as needed.
- Operate and maintain Mac, file server, printers, RIP, PDF workflow
- Perform color correction to process color files for Flexo and Digital presses.
- Work closely with customer service reps, press operators, and occasionally with sales and/or customers.
- Follow ISO, Safety, Standard Operating procedures and general housekeeping requirements.
- Record time and materials accurately.
- Work in a neat, orderly manner, maintain supply levels, and request repair of equipment as necessary.
- Maintain equipment (general minor maintenance).
- Effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to solve problems with minimal supervision.
- Read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
This is an OFF-SHIFT position.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
- Basic PC skills- Mac experience required.
- Database Management skills
- Process color experience is required- flexo preferred. Color correction and proofing experience required.
- Process color and reproduction experience is a must. Color management experience is helpful, but not required.
- High school diploma or GED; 6+ months of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.