Processes, creates and troubleshoots files using desktop publishing software or maintains and enhances the networks, equipment, and software.
- Receives input from customers in the form of disk, transparency, flat art, reproduction art, etc.
- Performs assembly, layouts and preflight.
- Imposes jobs using digital imposition software.
- Performs regular quality checks during production to ensure that production meets customer specifications.
- Performs routine maintenance on assigned equipment and maintains an inventory of supplies and spare parts required to perform assigned tasks.
- May perform functions related to data storage, file space utilization and archiving.
- May perform digital proofing and color scanning.
- May train new team members on the prelim/prepress process.
- Prepares files for job sharing across the business unit. Operates and maintains archiving system across all servers.
- Processes, creates and troubleshoots files using desktop publishing software.
- Provides input or makes switches to production schedule. Schedules and keeps track of overtime as it relates to the prelim/prepress crew and productions schedules.
- May perform assembly, layouts and preflight. Impose jobs using digital imposition software. Perform digital proofing and color scanning.
- May interact with customers and suppliers to keep abreast of software and hardware requirements to complete production. Troubleshoot all system problems and bring them to the attention of the supervisor. Assist customers in spec development within their organization to ensure proper interface with RRD systems. Participate in research and development efforts. Could function as color analyst.
- May train new team members. Provide input or make switches to production schedule for the most efficient runs. May schedule and keeps track of overtime as it relates to the pre-press crew and production schedules.
- Adheres to and promotes all safety policies and procedures including, but not limited to the proper handling of hazardous waste, lock out - tag out rules and hearing and eye protection policies.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
- It is the responsibility of all Solution Delivery employees to follow the requirements of their documented process as defined in the ISO Quality Manual.
Ability to work in a team environment required.