Senior Project Manager
We’re looking for a process oriented, customer-centric leader to work closely with a client moving into a new dynamic phase of its operation.
The Senior Project Manager provides client and team leadership for the Creative Services and Digital Production team dedicated to the marketing department of a national retailer. He/she is regarded by the client as a trusted advisor and/or the expert for the creative and production teams and will help define the future state of workflow through bold discovery questions and devising new methods and communication paths.
The Senior Project Manager leads the day-to-day management and optimization of creative and production projects for the digital marketing teams, assesses needs, determines goals and coordinates. He/she masters and maintains brand standards, direction and strategy and has vast knowledge of the client’s business, the competition and industry trends. The Senior Project Manager works closely with the designers, copywriter and digital production staff to set project milestones, create project timelines and track schedules to ensure all deliverable deadlines are met on time, on brand and to client specifications.
Note - this role will be located in Pleasanton, CA.
- Act as primary service point-of-contact for client teams.
- Partner with account, creative and production teams to assess needs, develop strategy and coordinate projects.
- Lead day-to-day management and optimization of projects.
- May lead a team depending on team structure.
- Serves as point of escalation for client concerns and demonstrates a clear understanding of when escalation is appropriate.
- Master and maintain brand standards, direction and strategy.
- Master and maintain vast knowledge of client’s business, competition and latest industry news and trends.
- Provide point of view on best practices and solutions across functions.
- Plan, coordinate and direct Creative Services teams to ensure the briefs are executed accurately and effectively.
- Demonstrate understanding in each area of Creative Services including: print design, Web design, animation, print production and prepress.
- Provide Creative Services teams with appropriate insight into client’s strategic business and branding initiatives.
- Attend and set relevant client meetings, bringing in appropriate resources from Creative Services as needed.
- Set project milestones, create project estimates and tracks schedules
- Ensure all deliverable deadlines are met for all individuals and parts involved in the process.
- Monitor client’s budgets for accuracy and timeliness.
- Proactively manage client expectations.
- Responsible for early detection of issues.
- Trains other employees as needed.
- Keep detailed records of time spent on projects
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 5+ years of experience in packaging, marketing and/or advertising, with a focus on internal communications and/or brand management, project management or comparable experience with progressively expanding responsibilities.
- Background in the digital marketing and/or retail industry and/or background in advertising/design agencies would be beneficial.
- Must be a strong leader, proactive, collaborative, driven and seek excellence in execution of tasks.
- Complete understanding of the “Big Picture” which allows the individual to make sound business decisions that benefit the DSG organization.
- Strong project management skills, organizational skills and time-management skills.
- Ability to problem solving, analyze potential solutions and use sound judgment to make decisions.
- Strong attention to detail is required.
- Ability to create and work with cross-functional and/or distributed “virtual” teams.
- Strong commitment to ensuring quality and exceeding customer satisfaction expectations.
- Must have the ability to work independently.
- Excellent oral, presentation and communications skills and professional client service skills
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative
- Demonstrated ability to lead a creative project team
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal skills, especially in situations involving consensus and team building with strong problem solving skills
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer