Responsible for first-line direction of non-exempt employees involved in print production bindery finishing operations. Reviews production schedules, material and manpower resources. Assigns employees to maximize production objectives, maintain quality and attain output requirements. Informs assigned employees of production and material problems and coordinates with support groups to resolve problems affecting schedules. Participate in establishing and modifying operational methods and processes by recommending changes in materials, equipment and procedures. Maintain a variety of reports, records and production documentation to reflect schedules, performance, methods and the like.
- Lead, coach, mentor, motivate and inspire direct reports to achieve optimum results by consistently demonstrating role model behavior in all that is said and done.
- Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces company and OSHA safety regulations.
- Explains work orders to Associates and assigns duties.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase line efficiency.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems and/or or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Ensure that all aspects of the ISO procedures, and Quality Policy and Objectives are understood and enacted.
- Participate in and satisfactorily complete all required training programs for the assigned position.
- General knowledge of bindery machines, full range of specialized stitching, collating, trimming, folding finishing of product.
- Reviews performance against operating plans and standards.
- Ensures that duties, responsibilities, accountability, and authority of all direct reports are defined and understood.
- Directs, monitors, and appraises the performance of all direct reports.
- Coordinates plant work with other departments to ensure jobs get completed according to specifications of the job.
- Communicates, interprets, and enforces company policies.
- Responsible to ensure a safe and healthy work environment.
- Implements and manages cost reduction and profit improvement programs.
- Becomes actively involved with dissatisfied customers during critical and high profile situations.
- Provides a positive work environment for employees.
- Attends work production/scheduling meetings.
- Participates in Continuous Improvement tasks force meetings and groups.
- Attends Supervisor’s Meetings.
- Participates in Corporate Initiatives as directed.
- Performs additional duties as assigned by Manufacturing Manager.
- 12 hour shift
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
The position requires an Associate of Arts Degree and/or five years experience in a printing production environment, preferably at the supervisory level or the equivalent in education and experience. The position also requires personal computer expertise in the use of Microsoft Office software to include E-Mail, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, Excel and the use of Internet Explorer. Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong problem-solving skills. Strong math skills.