Press Operator 2 - 3rd Shift
Press Operator 2 - 3rd ShiftSchedule:-Sunday (11pm) - Friday (7am) -11:00 pm - 7:00am-Occasional overtime may be required including weekends Wage:-$19.00hr starting, up to $21.50 after 2 years-$1.10hr shift differential pay Benefits:-Health Insurance-Dental Insurance-Vision Insurance-Life Insurance-Supplemental Insurance (Disability, Family Life Insurance, AD&D, etc.)-401K-Employee/Partner Discounts
RRD Osage Forms & Labels Plant
RR Donnelley Osage Label is a narrow web printing, distribution, warehouse and fulfillment center under one roof. Osage produces lithographic and flexographic printed pressure sensitive label and forms products for the short, medium and long run length markets.
In addition to the equipment and expertise to produce a wide range of labels and forms construction, the Osage Team provides imaging, printing, distribution and warehousing capabilities supported by 55,000 sq. ft. of racked finished good storage capacity.
This posting is for a 3rd Shift Press Operator
- Set up, adjust, operate, and maintain a gravure press or single or multi-color offset press to print single-color, two-color, and/or multi-color work which includes large solids, screen tints, line and halftones with critical color values and registration requirements ranging from hairline to critical or operate similarly situated equipment that applies a variety of non-ink based coatings to a paper web or sheet stock.
- Review job specifications to determine the press setup according to the imposition of the run (sheet wise or work and turn).
- Perform all make-ready tasks associated with the type of press operated such as hanging plates or installing cylinders, examine plates/cylinders for imperfections and checks for correct positioning of images, prepping blankets, adjusting tension and register etc.
- Make necessary color corrections and/or press adjustments prior to production run to meet and maintain the quality specifications of the work.
- Clean, lubricate, and maintain the press, making minor repairs and replacing worn or broken parts as required. Performs periodic maintenance recommended by the manufacturer.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
- Skill to read and understand job specifications and knowledge of press capabilities to determine the most appropriate press usage, press settings and materials needed to run the job successfully.
- Skill to make a variety of difficult precise settings of controls, settings, and adjustments, and to perform routine operational maintenance of equipment. Skill in routine operational maintenance and minor repairs to equipment.
- Knowledge of the appropriate amount of packing pressure needed to obtain the proper printing pressure for the type of job being run.
- Skill in use of micrometer to mount and align the printing plate correctly.
- Must be mechanically inclined
We are willing to train the appropriate candidates for this job. The candidates must be mechanically inclined and have the desire to learn and grow in a stable company. In exchange we offer competitive pay, full time benefits (health, vision, dental, 401k, etc.) and the opportunity to grow from within and transfer to other locations if desired.