Lead Operator - Sheetfed
Requires comprehensive knowledge of a wide variety of techniques, procedures, materials, specifications, equipment, and safety requirements to set-up, adjust, operate, and maintain equipment to produce single-, two-, and/or multi-color work to critical tolerances. Skill in a wide-variety of complex manipulations and mechanical procedures to perform a variety of tasks to set-up, make major adjustments, and perform routine maintenance and minor repairs of equipment to produce single-, two-, and/or multi-color work. Skill to read and understand job specifications and knowledge of press capabilities to determine the most appropriate press usage, press settings and materials needed to run the job successfully.
- Ensures that production goals are met.
- Directs or assists in directing the crew.
- Obtains and maintains register during the make-ready and productions processes.
- Assists in changing required plates & blankets.
- Assists with training of new crewmembers.
- Adheres to and promotes all safety policies and procedures including, but not limited to the proper handling of hazardous waste, lock out - tag out rules and hearing and eye protection policies.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
- It is the responsibility of all Solution Delivery employees to follow the requirements of their documented process as defined in the ISO Quality Manual.
THIS IS A 3RD SHIFT, 3-4 / 12 HOUR WORK DAYS A WEEK
MUST BE ABLE TO WORK OVERTIME, WEEKENDS AND MAYBE HOLIDAYS
Previous experience in the operation of a sheetfed printing press is a MUST.