Lift Truck Operator
STERN AVE - Responsible for moving raw materials and/or roll stock to manufacturing and moving and loading finished product for shipment. Drive forklift truck equipped with lifting devices such as forklift, fork-grapple, clamps, elevating platform, or trailer hitch, to push, pull, lift, stack, tier, or move raw paper materials and in process products and finished products, equipment, or materials in warehouse, storage yard, or factory. May load and unload semi trailer trucks. Maintain accurate inventory and report any discrepancies. May load or unload materials onto or off of pallets, skids, or lifting device. Perform safety checks on lifts. May lubricate truck, recharge batteries, fill fuel tank, or replace liquefied-gas tank. Must be skilled in handling controls for starting, stopping, backings, and driving fork lift or clamp truck through aisles in building, up and down ramps, and in and out of railroad cars, trucks, etc.; and, for lifting, lowering, and tilting forks by moving hands, arms, feet, and legs to operate controls. Must know how high, wide, and long the fork lift truck and its load are, and how much the fork lift truck can lift. Good special ability to identify how high and wide a doorway and an aisle must be to drive the fork- lift truck and its load; how high and wide the shelf, bin, etc., must be to place the load; and how high the load must be lifted to reach the shelf or bin. Must be able to recognize whether the fork lift truck is able to lift the load and whether the load is properly balanced. Knowledge of the layout of the storage area to be able to find and place items without need for detailed instructions.
POSITION AVAILABLE ON 3RD SHIFT ~ 11PM-7AM
- Operates equipment to move finished product for shipping or storage.
- Supplies Manufacturing Department with materials as needed.
- Stages product to be moved or shipped.
- Racks unused supplies and maintains an inventory of type, amount and location of items.
- Transports and processes manufacturing paper by-products.
- Performs routine daily inspections on hoist and assures maintenance needs are reported.
- May include battery service duties such as inspecting, recharging and replacing batteries of electric hand trucks, checking fluid levels, cleaning electrical leads and battery poles and lubricating truck's moving parts.
- Adheres to and promotes all safety policies and procedures including, but not limited to the proper handling of hazardous waste, lock out - tag out rules and hearing and eye protection policies.
- Must have a sense of urgency and desire to fulfill Customer expectations and be accountable in a professional manner.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer .
- Certification as an OSHA certified hoist operator preferred.
- Basic computer skills (inventory/production reporting software experience preferred.)
- Must be able to communicate in English-Read, write, understand
- Ability to work in a team environment required
Experience in material handling with a lift truck