Cortland is a global designer, manufacturer, and supplier of technologically advanced ropes, slings, and strength members. Collaborating with customers, our team uses its experience in high performance materials and market knowledge to transform ideas into proven products. For more than 35 years, our custom-built solutions have been developed for work in the toughest environments and to overcome some of the world’s greatest challenges. They consistently enable our customers to meet the demands of the aerospace, defense, medical, research, subsea, marine, and energy industries.
Cortland is wholly owned by Enerpac Tool Group. Enerpac Tool Group is a premier industrial tools and services company serving a broad and diverse set of customers in more than 25 countries. The Company’s businesses are global leaders in high pressure hydraulic tools, controlled force products and solutions for precise positioning of heavy loads that help customers safely and reliably tackle some of the most challenging jobs around the world. The Company was founded in 1910 and is headquartered in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin. Enerpac Tool Group trades on the NYSE under the symbol “EPAC”.
For further information on Enerpac Tool Group and its businesses, visit the Company's website at https://www.enerpactoolgroup.com/.
Summary – basic function of the role
Under direct supervision, performs routine and repetitive production operations and processes
Hours: 2pm - 10:30pm
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Act in a safe manner in all activities performed and promote the Safety Program in all processes and procedures
- Ensures all Quality standards and requirements are met in all Production tasks. Understand and apply the Quality Policy, Quality Documentation, and company objectives to all tasks assigned.
- Complete all tasks efficiently and correctly as assigned by supervisory and planning personnel
- Adhere strictly to all Safety, Quality and Production related procedures and instructions while performing any and all tasks
- Report any deficiencies in material, product, or process immediately per current procedures
- Complete all documentation entries as required ensuring that the information is correct and accurate
- Be available for any shift where training requirements are identified
- Act in a courteous and professional manner during customer on-site ensuring sustainment of Cortland Company’s reputation as a world class supplier
- Promote and participate in LEAD (Lean Enterprise Across Disciplines) transformation through application of lean principles to rapidly improve manufacturing and key LEAD metrics
Skills and Competencies - identify the ALE competencies that are most critical for success in the role
- Ability to operate large machines as well as run small hand tools and shop equipment
- Mechanically inclined
- Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to identify potential issues and proactively recommend and implement solutions
- Ability to work collaboratively with other functions
- Ability to manage multiple priorities under tight timelines
Education and Experience
Education Requirements: High School diploma or GED preferred.
Experience Requirements: Manufacturing, assembly or production experience preferred.
Employee may have to lift documents/work materials up to 50 pounds in weight. Stand for long periods of time.
Primary work environment is non-temperature controlled workshop/manufacturing facility where following appropriate safety protocols at the location would be required. Employee will be exposed to heavy levels of noise in workshop.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Key External Contacts/Clients
The above statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principle functions of the job described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.