Tenneco Inc. has recently acquired Federal-Mogul. The strategic combination of Tenneco’s Ride Performance business with Federal-Mogul’s Motorparts business will establish a global aftermarket leader with an impressive portfolio of some of the strongest brands in the aftermarket including Monroe®, Walker®, Wagner®, Champion®, Fel-Pro® and MOOG®. The company’s broader aftermarket product coverage, stronger distribution channels, and enhanced channel development will strengthen its position in established and high growth markets (China and India), and drive success through new mobility models and capturing evolving e-commerce opportunities.
We have a diverse environment that will promote learning all sides of the Financial and Accounting aspects in the Automotive Industry. We are looking for a Sr. Corporate Accountant. This position is Responsible for performing basic accounting activities related to the company’s corporate function including posting journal entries, account reconciliation, ledger maintenance, and statement and/or report preparation. The Accountant position functions as a member of Corporate Accounting, reports to the Accounting Manager.
The team is ready to act immediately on those candidates who are the best fit for the role. You’ll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with our Hiring Manager. We pride ourselves on moving through processes quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication throughout.
- Manage cash application and related intercompany to North American locations.
- Responsible for settling Corporate intercompany payables via treasury cash netting system and wires.
- Monitor other current asset and liability reporting globally.
- Monitor and reconcile fixed assets and construction-in-progress activity for Corporate.
- Responsible for accruals and prepaid account activity for Corporate Departments.
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations.
- Preparation of Sarbanes-Oxley documentation testing and walkthrough for specified accounts.
- Work with other Corporate Departments to ensure accuracy of reporting.
- Supporting the Controller’s Office with additional monthly responsibilities.
- Preparation of budgets, forecasts and strategic plans related to the corporate function.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA is preferred.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 3 years of finance experience in a corporate environment preferred.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong organization and problem-solving skills.
- SAP knowledge is preferred and Hyperion/Onestream experience is a plus.
- Team-oriented and able to perform tasks where time management is key.
- Significant capability, drive and initiative to create and manage own work agenda.
This position is located at 27300 West 11 Mile Road, Southfield, MI. View the Google Map in full screen.