Behavioral Health Services
Group Home Behavioral Health Counselor (FT overnight)
Full Time: Monday - Friday, 12am to 8am
Under the clinical supervision of the Rehabilitation Director, the Residential Counselor is responsible for the provision of direct services which promote the ability of clients to participate in appropriate community activities and which contribute to the development and utilization of skills necessary for independent living. Additionally, the Residential Counselor will participate in the assessment of the client's rehabilitation needs and in the development, implementation and monitoring of the client's individual rehabilitation plan. The Residential Counselor is also responsible for providing crisis services, including intensive support and assistance, and may be required to provide follow-along services to suspended or discharged clients. The Residential
Counselor is responsible for driving and/or transporting clients.
The Residential Counselor is also responsible for ensuring that clients develop and utilize skills that contribute to the maintenance of a safe residential environment as well as documenting service delivery. The Residential Counselor may be privileged to provide basic health teaching in the areas of nutrition, exercise, dental care, substance abuse prevention, and prevention of injury and illness at home and in the community as well as training in communicable disease prevention.
- This position requires driving your personal vehicle for company business. Must be privileged to drive according to the criteria set forth by Agency MVR guidelines.
- Valid driver’s license in jurisdiction of residence
- Vehicle liability coverage if driving personal vehicle (on occasion, may be required to transport clients in personal vehicle)
- May be required to drive a van
- Acceptable Criminal background check, OIG Exclusion check
- Negative Drug Screening
- CPR/First Aid Certification must be acquired and maintained once employed
The successful applicant will have a High School Diploma or GED. Preferred, A Bachelor's Degree in related field or Registered Nurse licensure with at least 1 year experience providing rehabilitative services or working with persons with chronic mental illness.
Valid US Drivers License
Willing to drive and transport clients as necessary
Must have at least two years of experience working in a mental health residential setting and/or social service related field. This may include some related post high school education.