Community Support worker
Behavioral Health Services
The Community Support Worker is responsible for conducting community support activities in accordance with VOA Chesapeake’s operation as a Core Service Agency. In this role, the Community Support Worker provides consumer services that are essential for assisting the consumer in the achievement of rehabilitation and recovery goals as defined in the consumer’s Individualized Service Plan. Approximately 80% of the time, the Community Support Worker will be engaged in activities out in the community and/or the consumers’ natural setting.
EFFECT ON END RESULTS:
- Improve or increased stability in the consumer’s level of functioning.
- Insures that each consumer’s individualized needs are met.
- Insures that all documentation pertaining to consumer services is completed in compliance with agency policies and funding source requirements.
- Presents a positive image to the residents and public.
- Ensure compliance with contractual obligations.
Most importantly, the successful candidate must be able to develop effective working relationships with the consumer population, be self-motivated and able to motivate others, be able to relate to individuals making significant life decision, possess strong organizational skills, and have strong oral and written communication skills. The individual must also be computer proficient.
- This position requires driving the company vehicle (up to 15 passengers) and/or your personal vehicle for company business including transporting clients/residents. Must be privileged to drive according to the criteria set forth by Agency MVR guidelines.
- Valid driver’s license in jurisdiction of residence
- Vehicle liability coverage if driving personal vehicle (on occasion, may be required to transport clients in personal vehicle)
- May be required to drive a van
- Acceptable DOH background check, FBI Fingerprint, OIG Exclusion check
- Negative Drug/TB Screening and Health Certificate
- CPR/First Aid Certification must be acquired and maintained once employed
Successful candidates must have completed at least two years of study at an institution of higher education: or have at least five years of experience in a relevant human service field. A minimum requirement of at least one-year of related human service activities. Excellent writing skills, knowledge of computer, must have own transportation. Experience working in a community based and multi-cultural setting is preferred.