Engineering Technician Intern
Internships and Co-Ops
Tenneco, Inc. has recently acquired Federal Mogul. The strategic combination of Tenneco’s Ride Performance business with Federal-Mogul’s Motorparts business will establish a global aftermarket leader, DRiV Automotive Inc, with an impressive portfolio of some of the strongest brands in the aftermarket including Monroe®, Walker®, Wagner®, Champion®, Fel-Pro® and MOOG®.DRiV Automotive Inc. is looking for students bringing a team-oriented spirit, an eagerness to learn and a strong analytical ability.
The engineering technician intern will work in an engineering prototype shop setting. Build prototype parts from 2D drawings and see the part thru to validation on vehicles. Proficiency in the areas of fabrication and welding preferred, but not required. Willingness and desire to learn is a requirement.
Essential Job Functions
- Metalworking – cutting, forming, and welding component parts to create finished prototype parts that meet design criteria of the engineering staff.
- Housekeeping – cleaning and organizing the shop to maintain a safe and productive work environment.
- Innovation – Ability to demonstrate innovative thinking and problem-solving skills
- Assist product engineers with design and validation of new aftermarket exhaust parts.
- Sophomore standing or higher pursuing an engineering or automotive related degree at an accredited four year college or university
- 3.0 minimum GPA requirement
- Ability to work 40 hours a week during the Summer internship
- Self motivated
- Team played and ability to collaborate with a team: engineers, designers, prototype engineers
Position reports directly to the Senior Engineering Technician
This position is located in Jackson, MI. View the Google Map in full screen.