Legal Word Processing (Monday-Friday 11:00 PM to 7:00 AM)
At RR Donnelley, our people make a difference every day – in production, working with customers, or behind the scenes in a support role. They know how to manage the job and exceed expectations! Founded 150 years ago, RR Donnelley is a Fortune 500 company that employs approximately 55,000 people in 40 countries across the globe. For challenging and rewarding career opportunities with an innovative industry leader, consider RR Donnelley!
We are currently seeking a Legal Word Processing professional to support time sensitive project requests by working with a team of individuals across multiple shifts and locations. Candidates must enjoy producing quality work and maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction. Knowledge in legal word/document processing using a variety of legal software, tools, Microsoft Office suite is an added advantage.
Shift/Hours: Mon.-Fri., 11:00 pm - 7:00 am
- Create, edit, clean, and format documents utilizing client defined standards and styling;
- Develop charts, graphs, tables and spreadsheets;
- Restore and rebuild corrupt documents when needed;
- Perform data entry tasks as necessary;
- Create and/or revise Table of Authorities and Table of Contents;
- Transcribe digital audio dictation files;
- Accountable for the timely and accurate completion of work requests;
- Responsibly handle sensitive and/or confidential documents and information;
- Follow established policies and ensure proper workflow procedures are followed;
- Maintain thorough knowledge of all firm-supported software packages.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet pressing deadlines
- Ability to produce quality work product
- Flexibility to work overtime
- Minimum typing speed of 60 wpm with 95% accuracy
- Good knowledge of MS Office programs including Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of legal terminology and legal citations preferred but not required
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; bachelor’s degree preferred
- Prior document processing experience in a team environment
- Experience and exposure to any of the below legal software and Office applications will be an added advantage: Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, Outlook, Phillips Speech Exec, Bighand Digital Dictation, Best Authority, DocXtools, Omnipage, Forte, MacPac, Numbering Assistant, Forms Assistant, Nuance, Workshare Compare, iManage Desksite or Filesite, Adobe Acrobat, Dreamweaver, E-Transcript Bundle Viewer, and Citrix Workspace
- Experience and exposure in any of the legal word processing tasks below would be an added advantage; Creating TOAs, TOCs, inserting automated cross references, converting PDFs to Word using a variety of software, applying Word styles using macros, troubleshooting problem documents including redlines and documents containing multiple numbering schemes, style separators, cross references, and other automated fields
- Experience redacting, revising, and bookmarking PDFs using Adobe Acrobat
- Transcription experience a plus