To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reads work order or follows verbal instructions to ascertain materials or components.
- Gather, collate, stack and sort printed material, pack cartons, and general labor.
- Feed or gather materials on or off the binder.
- Identify product defects and follow CDS’s quality assurance processes.
- Assist as directed by the Shift Supervisor or Binder Operator.
- Operate side stitcher for unbond and bond product.
- Participate fully in continuous improvement activities.
- Observe safety and security procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong detail orientation.
- Ability to work in a team environment efficiently.
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed.
- Basic computer skills required.
- 6 months experience as a Material Handler in a digital print facility.
Work Environment: Work near moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel for 10-12 hour shifts; reach with hands and arms; and stoop; kneel; or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to identify and distinguish colors.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer