Entry Level- Print Production Account Specialist 1
Coordinate production of printed materials, or print related services for the company’s customers. Maintain positive customer relations through active engagement of the customer through all stages of the manufacturing process from initial contact through final disposition of the customers product.
- Engage customers to gather job requirements and translate customer requirements in to detailed manufacturing/kitting instructions and shipping/postal instructions for disposition of the customers’ products.
- Ensure job instructions are entered and verified in the various manufacturing systems and queued in to the production schedule.
- Confer with customers throughout production to keep them informed of the status of jobs, solicit additional information needed for current jobs and coordinate changes to jobs. May forward/review proofs with customer, obtain approval of materials, such as artwork, color separations, or ink samples.
- May coordinate production of components with other internal plants and/or external vendors as required.
- Engage appropriate departments to verify the issue and determine the root cause. Communicate with customers regarding the resolution of issues.
- Monitor progress of jobs throughout production, confer with manufacturing operations on counts and final runs and ensure the final product meets customer requirements and company standards.
- Tally the final production runs and work performed to assemble paperwork for billing purposes.
Business Unit/Platform Specific duties
- May have responsibility for determining the supplies and paper needed for jobs including the use of vendors to supply component of the customer product.
- May assist sales in the RFP process supplying estimates and determining how to efficiently process a complete job.
- May have responsibility for the composition and/or copy prep of the customers’ products.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
HS diploma or equivalent with 2-4 years of relevant administrative/operational support in manufacturing operations or office environment directly related to the duties of the job, OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of work experience.
Requires very good knowledge of general administrative/manufacturing operations procedures and knowledge of job specific processes to successfully execute and complete the more progressive/complex duties of the job. Ability to follow company policy and understand any rules or regulations governing the work being completed and impact work has on department or company. Must have very good knowledge of technology to include computers and software programs such as MS Office or MAC word processing, spreadsheets or other programs specific to the job in order to complete duties successfully. Requires good knowledge of multiple functions or areas of the business in which there is frequent contact with while completing daily work assignments of the job. Must have very good oral and written communication skills sufficient to explain departmental policy, methods and/or procedures when completing assignments. Requires very good organizational skills sufficient to accomplish work by established deadlines and ability to coordinate phases of work with others.
Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer