To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Pick and package a variety of printed materials or print related items following detailed processes and procedures outlined in the EWI training given.
- Insert product into accurate crystal bag, envelope and/or box size based on product and size.
- Assemble finished products into boxes or containers for shipping.
- Perform related tasks such as placing labels on packages, and handling boxes for final product. Ensure accurate shipping information is attached and packages are shipped according to specified schedule.
- Maintaining a single piece workflow throughout the shipping and boxing process.
- Ensure accurate count of product when fulfilling order.
- Observe safety and security procedures.
- Skill in reading specifications and identifying the correct parts for fulfilling customer orders.
- Skill in using a limited variety of packing procedures and techniques.
- Skill in assembling standard shipping boxes and packing contents securely.
- Able to engage in continuous standing, lifting, bending and twisting. Able to able to use hands, arms and wrists for repetitive motion activities.
- Strong detail orientation.
3 months experience as a Program Shipper in a print facility.
Computer Skills: Basic computer skills required.
Work Environment: Work near moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel for 10-12 hour shifts; reach with hands and arms; and stoop; kneel; or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to identify and distinguish colors.
RR Donnelley is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer