The Material Handler provides needed materials to machine operators and puts materials away when the job is completed by using pull tags, forklifts, and other equipment to ensure operators have what they need to do the jobs.
1. Delivers requested materials to the appropriate manufacturing locations using the appropriate P.I.V. (Powered Industrial Vehicle) or pallet jacks, and/or dollies
2. Ensure mill rolls that are staged for imaging are unwrapped and mark appropriately.
3. Transport material as needed to and from the off-site warehouse using the panel truck while obeying all safety rules and traffic laws.
4. Scans the skid label of components using scanners and or log books to monitor and document quantities and location of the inventory.
5. Returns material to designated locations using the appropriate P.I.V., pallet jacks, and/or dollies, to provide an organized and clean work area. Assist WIC’s in processing returns.
6. Completes monthly physical inventories using InfoShare and printouts of assigned racks to ensure accurate quantities and locations of inventory.
7. Sweep, empty garbage to provide a safe working environment.
8. Weighs waste bins and records data for the shredding and baling operation.
9. Verbally communicates with supervisors and operators to keep them updated on stock quantities and/or stock shortages that might prevent completion of a job. If shortages exist contact a WIC and or the PC to investigate the shortage.
10. Verifies bill of lading as shipments are received.
11. May include other duties as assigned.
RR Donnelley is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
RR Donnelley offers competitive starting wages and an aggressive pay progression plan.
1. Forklift operation experience preferred, but not required. We will provide training and certification.
2. Good communication skills.
3. Basic PC skills and math skills.
4. Ability to prioritize tasks.
5. Valid Driver’s license