Digital Print Operator - 2nd & 3rd shift
RRD in West Caldwell, NJ now has 2nd and 3rd shift openings for Digital Print Operators.
2nd Shift: 3pm-11p) or 3rd shift: 11pm-7am
Digital Press Operators will:
Operate inkjet, laser, xerographic or offset duplicating printers. RIP files or review job instructions to prepare jobs for printing. Maintain daily print job production logs and daily delivery manifests. Setup, program and release jobs from print queue. May adjust image position, perforations and folds on paper. Monitor quality of job output for correctness and image quality. Order supplies such as ink, chemical solutions, blankets and rollers, paper, tabs and other items as needed. Maintain inventory levels.
Requires a thorough knowledge of equipment set up, adjustment, operating procedures, and a corresponding level of skill to set up, operate, and adjust the equipment. Able to set up, operate, and adjust the equipment, and in addition, diagnose, solve, and correct operating problems affecting the quality and timeliness of the service or product or function. May instruct junior level operators how to complete the required corrective adjustment. Typically, corrective adjustments performed require the operator to consider the symptom(s), possible causes and remedies.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
- Prior knowledge of standard set ups, adjustments and operating characteristics of the equipment and skill to perform standard adjustments and operate the equipment.
- Minimum one (1) year experience operating high-speed laser printers IBM (Ricoh) 4000 and 4100 printers RSI- Roll systems and Moore pre and post equipment, Xerox 4635, Sorrento, DP180, IGEN, Docutech 6180 or HP Indigo 5500/5600 printers.
- Basic computer and PC software knowledge (Excel, Google mail, Word, Adobe).
- Ability to set up, operate, and perform basic adjustments to the equipment according to the individual job requirements, operating characteristics, and capabilities of the equipment.
- Typically, the adjustments performed at this level are routine and the need for such adjustments are readily apparent.
- Must have the ability to lift up to 50lbs.
- Experience Canon Prisma experience and Infoprint Manager is a plus.
RR Donnelley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. The company’s policy is to select, place and deal with all its employees without discrimination based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, age, disability, perceived disability, sexual orientation, protected Veteran status, genetic information or on the basis of any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.