Bindery Operator - 2nd Shift
The 3rd shift Bindery Operator is responsible for the machine tasks which include set-up, maintenance and operation of (two of the four categories) cutters, folders, saddle stitchers or glue folders.
- Reviews and interprets instructions, completes production records (time sheets, job jackets).
- Performs process related trouble-shooting and correction; monitors production.
- Performs cutting operations - cuts stock on guillotine; does finish cutting on guillotine; performs calculations; removes or replaces knives on cutters/trimmers; programs multiple cuts on automated cutters.
- Performs folder operations - sets up and adjusts feeder; sets up and adjusts folder; sets up and adjusts delivery; operates folder; sets up folder for special processes (perforating, scoring, slitting/trimming, gluing, etc.)
- Performs stitching operations - sets up hand or power stitcher with or without trimmer; sets up cover feeder; sets up gauges and mechanisms to detect doubles; operates saddle stitcher; operates side stitcher; makes decisions on stitching methods; changes knife on trimmers; does minor stitcher head maintenance.
- Performs pocket folding operations – sets up pocket folder; adjust glue heads & folding plates; sets up final fold equipment to proper job specifications.
- Assists in clean up and keeping immediate work area neat and orderly.
Shift Hours: 11:00 PM - 7:30 AM, M-F
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
Required Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 2-3 years large format Cutter, Folder, Saddle Stitcher Operator experience required.
- Thorough understanding of bindery equipment operation, and able to continually grow with technical skills.
- Ability to apply written instructions to machine set-up.
- Good math skills required.
- Must be reliable, have good attendance, punctuality and attention to work station.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work varying shifts, overtime and weekends.